Photo

New Secrets opening in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BandE2008

BandE2008
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

There are two new secrets opening in Mexico this year, one in July and one in August.
    I am very interested in the one opening in August ...
    Do you think it would be ready in time for a November wedding?! Or is that risky?

E

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

May be a great question for a travel agent to either answer or get the answer for you. Personally I would think they would be fine since Secrets is a chain and all. I would guess/hope their WCs would come from other resorts and would know what they are doing.

#3 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

I would say no just because every resort always has a bunch of problems when they first open and it takes a while for the service of the hotel to get to where it needs to be...I've never stayed at a secrets resort before so maybe they are different but I have stayed at 4 brand new resorts and it usually takes them about half a year.

Dont mean to discourage you but that is just my personal opinion...but definately talk to a travel agent

Good Luck!! :)

#4 indypitty

indypitty
        • 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

I believe I read on Trip Advisor that those Secrets Resorts were running behind schedule. I would not want to risk it ~ I don't think it's worth the stress! We originally wanted to get married at the new Excellence Playa Mujeres, which just opened in November. We decided against it for out June wedding, but we are going to honeymoon there after our wedding at the Hilton. Could something like that be a possibility for you?

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

i think another problem could be guests not being able to book their trips in advance.

#6 tlomlad

tlomlad
            • Banned
            • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

this place is going to be great!

#7 nde062010

nde062010
              • 106 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

I have heard that you can get cheaper rates at resorts that are just opening because they haven't had time to build up they're reputation ... that might be something to consider.

#8 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nde062010
                  I have heard that you can get cheaper rates at resorts that are just opening because they haven't had time to build up they're reputation ... that might be something to consider.
                  The rates are definately cheaper but it's because they haven't yet worked out all of the service issues, usually there are areas that are still being built, landscaping , if it's in, is not yet mature and all around the resort is not yet up to par.

My rule of thumb is to not book my clients at a resort that has been open less than 6 months- preferably a year! I would never consider booking a DW at one that has been open less than a year.

Secrets & Dreams resorts are some of my favorites along with Sandals! I am really excited about the many properties that they will be opening in the next couple of years but unless a client insisit I still will not book until they've been operational for at the minimum of 6 months.

TA Jennifer

#9 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                  • 466 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

After looking at the websites we are definitely thinking of changing our Honeymoon destination!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter