• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:22 AM

I know we've seen some of these shots with Sol Tamargo, but looks like she's not the only one doing them! I still don't know if I could do it, but they are some cool pictures.

Trash the Dress!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:36 AM

Actually some of them I think you could do without "trashing your dress" I might ask Juan if we can do a few of them. I want pictures that will awe people that's why I choose Juan, but I also want something a little different then what is normally done. I think these pictures are a way to do that. Thanks for the post Ann.

#3 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

I love looking at this stuff. So artistic.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#4 marfa75

marfa75
        • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

aww, such a cool idea but its making me cringe to think of getting all those pretty dresses soaked!! I don't even want to eat while I am wearing mine! : )

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

i know! i love the idea of these photos, and would do some that just got the dress a little dirty maybe. but i am thinking of buying a cheap dress that resembles the one i am getting. maybe that defeats the purpose, i don't know.

#6 marfa75

marfa75
            • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:56 PM

thats a good idea. maybe a long white prom dress or something thats only a couple hundred dollars.

#7 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

My dress did get trashed a bit (from dragging on the ground and from the soot from the fireworks), but it doesn't bother me a bit.

Also - for those of you who might worry about this - we did shots sitting in the sand. That DID NOT get my dress dirty. Of course, the fabric will probably matter, but I thought I would pass this along.

I wouldn't have wanted to take pictures in the water just because I wouldn't want to spend the rest of the ceremony wet.
                Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

I think you do these shots the day after - the idea is that you will never need the dress again, and you're showing your commitment by trashing it! That doesn't take into account us brides who made the commitment to our hubbys, but want to make some $$ back by selling the dress!

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

Those are very cool photos, but I agree w/Natasha, I wouldn't want to be dripping wet & hair/make up ruined for my receptions. Yeah, they probably are day after shots...dunno.

#10 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
                    • 231 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

I think does are great pictures!

I would do it for sure the day after the wedding, how many cuples do you know that have pictures like these?

They are great and very original, besides when are you going to wear the dress again you might as well take advantage of it, after all pictures are forever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users