Photo

Dress size help, please

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
  • 933 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

are wedding dress sizes like regular sizes or are they usually bigger or smaller? i am looking online to get some ideas (I am going tomorrow, yikes) and i was just trying to decide what to look at. I am a size 18 regularly, so what do you think? Thanks! Amanda
    My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

From my experience, dress sizes run larger than your regular size. I'm a size 6 & the dress that I ordered is a size 10!!! I could have even used a 12 but figured if I lost a few pounds the 10 would be good.

Hope you have fun tomorrow. Don't forget the camera!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

I am a 6 or 8 in dresses but my gown is a 12.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Wedding dresses are TINY!!!!!

Even more so if you are part of the busty girl club! I'm normally a 10-12 but will have to order a 20 to get the thing to zip all the way up.

I say we unite and start a campaign to make it go the other way--the dress are 2 sizes too big! I'd much rather buy an 8 than a 20 and have 6 inches taken in, ya know?

#5 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

My experience was a little different. I'm normally a size 4 or 6 and my dress was a 2. Maybe just start off w/ your size and go from there. Good Luck and don't forget your camera!

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

this sucks and is making me more depressed! I was already looking at david's woman and now i just want to cry! do you think i can lose about 30 pounds by tomorrow?
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#7 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

Oh Amanda..don't get depressed!! You still have 4 months until your wedding. You have PLENTY of time to lose weight, girl! I know trying on dresses really motivated me to work our harder....

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by albrosious
                  this sucks and is making me more depressed! I was already looking at david's woman and now i just want to cry! do you think i can lose about 30 pounds by tomorrow?
                  I can't for the life of me figure out why the sizes run soooo small and why wedding gowns aren't your real dress size. It's ridiculous to me. But then, I guess if they were your real size, there wouldn't be any need for alterations which as we all know are a big, big, expense!!!

Anyway, don't be depressed. We all have our problems/issues. Even with the 10 that I ordered, I knowww its gonna be hard for me to breathe since I have done absolutely nothing to get lose the inches I needed to around my waist/tummy area. You may not be able to lose your pounds by tomorrow, but you still have time.

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

Girl, don't even worry b/c we ALL have had issues with these dress sizes. It's ridiculous. Just know that we are ALL having to try on dresses in sizes that are much bigger than we would usually wear!

I bought my dress a year ago --and now I'm just over 3 months out and am just getting into the gym. Ugh!

First fitting is the first week in February!

#10 spoiledsophie

spoiledsophie
                    • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by albrosious View Post
                      Don't worry about the number on the dress - you will look beautiful, and that's what counts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users