Photo

Mortgage Registry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

Has anyone done a mortgage registry? FI and I have lived on our own for years so we have plenty of stuff. We would really like to buy a house and thought maybe we could set up an account for guests to make contributions to. I just don't know how to go about it, local bank, national bank, is there a webservice for this?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

What an interesting concept...

I just googled it and found this.

Wedding Gifts: Asking for Money - Is There a Polite Way to Ask for Money Instead of Wedding Gifts?

#3 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
      • Banned
      • 381 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:55 AM

I would SO love to be able to do that.... However I KNOW it would NOT fly with my family! They don't even like the idea of registering at all.... they don't seem to understand that is what people do!

#4 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
        • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by yari2566
          Thanks for the article, it did mention a bank that has a mortgage registry but there are no branches in my area. I think I'll call my local bank and see what they can create for me.

I don't want to ask for money or sound greedy but some relatives have already asked what we need becuase they've been to my house and know I have way too much stuff already. FI and I did register for a couple small things at Target just in case...

#5 Karen

Karen
          • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

At any wedding I've ever attended, the majority of gifts have been monetary gifts anyhow. I don't know that you need to worry about registering for mortgage contributions.
            <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

we set up an account and mentioned in on our website and people just gave us checks, but with the market right now in our area its just not worth it to buy
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Team Gracey

Team Gracey
            • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

Has anyone had a good turn out with raising money for your home through a registry or is it best to just ask for money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users