• VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:07 AM

Great Review!

#12 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

Really helpful review - thanks! (and i echo that your pics are gorgeous!). Question - did you get the impression that they would have honored your requests had you known, ie setting up an actual bar and actually passing the hor d'oeurves during the cocktail hour? Just curious if it would be a battle...

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:39 AM

Very helpful info!

#14 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

thanks for sharing your review, you look beautiful

#15 David and Laura

David and Laura
          • 177 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by neen
            Really helpful review - thanks! (and i echo that your pics are gorgeous!). Question - did you get the impression that they would have honored your requests had you known, ie setting up an actual bar and actually passing the hor d'oeurves during the cocktail hour? Just curious if it would be a battle...
            I think they will do anything you ask them to do, but there may be an additional charge.

#16 donandcorri

donandcorri
            • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by neen
              I got married at Dreams Tulum in November. We had our cocktail hour in Portofino before it opened for the evening (between 5 & 6pm). They had a bartender there for us & servers wandered around passing out our hors d'oeuvres. This wasn't something that we discussed with Sandra or Landy and we didn't have to pay extra either. I would say that if you are concerned about it, bring it up with Sandra & Landy.

Ask how the bar is set up & if they provide servers for the cocktail hour.

#17 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the review. And I am glad that you had an overall good experience.

Looks like you had the same judge that we did for the ceremony! We absolutely loved that guy and still talk about him.

#18 Karen

Karen
                • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Wonderful Review! I'm sorry your cocktail hour disappointed you. Were there other weddings that day? It seems like DT just don't have enough staff to effectively manage multiple weddings. We were married at the same spot you guys were. Thanks again for the great review.
                  <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#19 babycow

babycow
                  • 367 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

Great review! Don't know how I missed it before. Thanks for sharing, now for some questions...
                    Would you have chosen the to have your ceremony in the chapel, now knowing that the sun would make for bad pictures?
                    I just bought parasols but would that be enough to keep the from squinting?

Was your cake the basic cake or an upgrade? I think it looks great with the ribbon, is that something you brought or did they provide it?

TIA
                    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                    Erica and Tim
                    Dreams Tulum
                    Mexico
                    May 17, 2008

#20 ellsbells

ellsbells
                    • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

My god, thank you for our review! So helpful, and appreciate your sharing your expereince for all of us just starting out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users