Makeup Application?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

How are you getting your makeup done?
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

I'm still trying to make this decision. Either I'm going to go to Sephora to get my makeup done. And than try doing it myself. Or get it done at my resort.

I might go to Sephora to get it done, take pics, buy the makeup from Sephora and let makeup artist at resort do it.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Alipires1

• 298 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

I will have to get my make-up done. I am horrible with that stuff.

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

I will be doing my own makeup

#5 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

i'm lucky because my parents own a salon, so they are doing my hair and makeup.

#6 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

one of my BM's is a professional make up artist for Yves Saint Laurent - she will be doing my make up and her make up. another friend who will be there as a guest is also a make up artist and has her own makeup line - i am planning on asking her to do the other 5 BM's and our moms!

#7 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

I hired professionals! They came to my hotel room & did both hair and makeup. In my opinion, it's definitely worth it, especially in the heat/humidity. Add tears to that and anything I would have done on my own would have been destroyed. The pros have magic makeup that stays!

#8 Leticia

• 259 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

I'm waiting on rsvps, but i may have make up artist friend coming, if not i will most likely have it done at the resort.
                  I know how to put on make up pretty well, but i do not know how to do it well for pro pictures, heat, etc.

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

i'm pretty good w/ makeup on an everyday basis, but like others have said, add tears and heat and i'll be a mess...so i'm having a pro do it at the resort.

#10 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

One of my BMs used to be a make-up lady at Nordstrom's so I leaned on her. It was still very simple though, just my bare minerals makeup and then whatever she used for eyes and cheeks, I did my own lips.

I don't wear makeup normally so I didn't want to feel weird or have my face melt in the heat lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users