Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#71 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marfa75
    We took the 9 am boat over to Las CAletas. We got there around 10, got massages at the spa, laid out, swam and ate lunch at 1 pm. Then went up to the bridal suite to get ready. The hair stylist came at 2:30. It was just nice to not be rushed and have some girl time before hand. There was a bottle of champaigne in the room for us. They are building a jacuzzi in the back of the bridal suite, maybe it will be complete by June, you should ask Nicole.
    For the hair, a place called Cocco (or something like that) I had a trail on Tuesday but then a different lady came out the day of the wedding, not part of the plan so I was nervous but thank god I still had the picture, she did it great. She didnt speak ANY english so hopefully you do or someone you are bringing out early does.
    Ok, that does sound pretty darn cool - I might have to think about heding over early. You didn't feel like you missed out by not going over on the boat with everyone else? That's the only thing I worry about - but I don't want to be rushed at all that day, so I am sure I will head over early. I will just have to find some girls to go w/me since I don't have any bridesmaids! How many people can go over early - or doesn't it matter, they just let you bring as many as you want?

Yikes - I think that would freak me out to see a different girl, and one that doesn't speak any English! But she did a good job - so I guess that's all that matters!

#72 marfa75

marfa75
    • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

I think you and 3 girls are covered to go over early but if you want to bring more, its like $70 or $80 a person, jsut the normal day tour fee. Plus, I liked that I didnt get to see ERic the day of until I was walking down the isle. That was important to me, we stayed at seperate hotels the night before.
      Everyone told me the boat ride over was so fun and I am sad I missed it but I think it makes your grand enterence to the ceremony that much more special!

#73 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

Marisa - where did you go out afterwards? Is it somewhere close to either where the boat drops you off, or was it closer to your hotel? I know I will have some guests (maybe me?) that want to go out afterwards and I've love to give them some suggestions.

#74 marfa75

marfa75
        • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:08 PM

After the wedding we went downtown to a place called DeSantos. It was awesome! We actually went there with everyone on Thursday nigfht before the wedding so we figured everyone already knows where it was so we went back there Saturday night. Its a really cool place, all white decor, three levels and the top level is rooftop, outside and has big white beds you can lounge on and all this weird mood lighting, it was so cool, felt like we were in heaven.
          Thanks for the compliments on my dress. It wasnt a bridal dress, jsut an evening gown. Its a Dina Bar-el, she makes awesome gowns. The redhead, Bree Vandercamp wore the same dress as mine in the Despereate Housewives epoisode when her weird ex boyfriend committed suicide. : ) nice tidbit.

#75 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Marisa;

Who did your ceremony?? Tamara is doing ours for us...did you end up giving a tip or anything to her? I still don't know what to do - thought I'd ask!

We leave tomorrow night for PV!! I'm SO excited! We meet with Nicole on Monday morning bright and early for our site inspection!
            yay!

Lindsay

#76 marfa75

marfa75
            • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Unfortunately, I didnt tip the officiant : ( We had James Bradley Smith do it. I honestly didnt even think of it and then the day is a whirlwind and then its over. Good that you are thinkinga bout this all ahead of time. You can ask Nicole if the tip charge includes a tip for the officiant. I know it doesnt include a tip for Nicole.
              OH MY GOODNESS, leaving tomorrow?>? I am sooooo jealous, I want to do it all over!! You will have the time of your life, its simply amazing!! Nicole is so cool too, I totally felt like I could be friends with her (if we lived closer)

#77 marfa75

marfa75
              • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

YEs, we should be getting our video in a couple of weeks as well. I'm not really sure what it will be like, if it will have a song in it or what.
                Did you have Roberto Aceves as your photographer?

#78 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
                • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hey ladies, I noticed that you guys were talking about a tip fee. is this something in addition to the package prices or just optional? i am trying to get all of my ducks in a row and dont want any surprises.

#79 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

I see a line in my contract that states:

Included Tips: $500 (but I am not sure who this goes to)

It also states in there that this is:

Tips: $10 per person included (min $300)

I had 50 people designated on my contract - so mine added up to $500, but that will change depending on how many I actually have.

#80 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

Hi ladies, I'm not a Las Caletas Bride but I just came across this slideshow from a wedding there: www.michelleturner.com/showit/Caletas/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users