Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#481 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:37 AM

Hey gals. I am also getting married at Las Caletas. My father-in-law to be gets really seasick. We did a site visit, he took dramamine and was fine as well. He is not looking forward to the boat ride, but I think that you really need to do what you want and everyone will be fine once they see the location and realize the ride isn't bad.

Quick question for the married ones... my fiance and I took dance lessons and have a salsa dance to perform for our first dance. i bought shoes to wear on the dance floor, only for that dance so I can spin and everything. What material is the dance floor? Will I be able to spin? Thanks

#482 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

You'll be able to spin...it is some kind of wood I think? Ours was covered with an astro-turf type material, and I know Ann's dancefloor had some mats on top of that which may not be the best for spinning in heels (like the mats we're on in my siggy pic). Ask your WC what your options are.

I think it's great that you're doing salsa!

#483 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:44 AM

ooh! a salsa!!! katie is that what marcus called about?

anns floor was wood squares covered with kind of palm type mats. could i BE anymore vague? you could spin if on your toes but the mats arent secure to the wood. just layed down on it. i think im remembering right but im sure ann will know for sure.

#484 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
          I'm also a little worried about them walking to and from the boat on the island. Has anyone else experienced this with older guests?
          I think our oldest guest was 68. She has bad knees and just took her time. The LC staff also brought a solid chair down to the beach for her to sit around the bonfire because there was no way she was getting in and out of those low beach chairs.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          And to the rest of the LC ladies, we have a wedding tomorrow! Right Ann? You have the official list. haha
          Do we?? *heart beating fast* I hope so! Ann, where's that master list?

#485 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

Do you guys know there is an orchid garden up in the hills at LC? We meant to get some pics there but after the group and family shots, the highest up we made it was to the bed...the garden is even higher than that but we wanted to go join the party so we said screw it. Maybe everyone does that and that's why there are never pics there? LOL

Maybe someone else will discover it one of these days....

#486 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
            • 413 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AnnR
              we didn't even make it to the bed! we tried, but gave up pretty quick. there's so much to LC i haven't seen!
              I didn't even know there was a bed!!!! OR an orchid garden!!!!

That's IT! - We just have to go back and do a vow renewal and have pics done in all these locations!!!!!!!

Lindsay

#487 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Feb14Bride
                I didn't even know there was a bed!!!! OR an orchid garden!!!!

That's IT! - We just have to go back and do a vow renewal and have pics done in all these locations!!!!!!!

Lindsay
                seriously - there's so much to LC i haven't seen! i've never been in the water, never really ate there (minus the bread!), never seen Rythems of the Night, etc. ... i HAVE to go back. it won't be for our 1 year - but I WILL go back!

#488 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by starchild
                  Do you guys know there is an orchid garden up in the hills at LC? We meant to get some pics there but after the group and family shots, the highest up we made it was to the bed...the garden is even higher than that but we wanted to go join the party so we said screw it. Maybe everyone does that and that's why there are never pics there? LOL

Maybe someone else will discover it one of these days....
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AnnR
                  we didn't even make it to the bed! we tried, but gave up pretty quick. there's so much to LC i haven't seen!
                  First off, what is this bed y'all are talking about? Are you talking about the one in the casita?? Also, I knew about the Orchid Gardens but we never made it up there on our site visit either... We spent so much time with Kelley that we only had 30 minutes towards the end of the tour to relax on the beach with a cocktail. We even missed out on the monkeys which I was really looking forward to! I really want to go back. Since we paid for this site visit I think we will use our free one before the wedding to go check out these spots...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#489 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                    First off, what is this bed y'all are talking about? Are you talking about the one in the casita??
                    I haven't seen in personally, but I know Jamy had some pics taken there- and even had it in her siggy at one point. It's different from the one in the casita.

#490 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

I missed the monkeys too :o( Anyone check out the little John Huston museum? It had cool pics of Liz Taylor in PV and his personal stuff. My mom and I checked it out on our site visit, it was interesting.

So the bed, it is up one of the jungle paths. I only found it because we're explorers and on our site visit went looking for places to take pics at our wedding (2 days later). We layed on the bed and nobody passed by the whole time (trust me *wink*). I don't think it's on the map and the tour groups mainly stay by the water so they don't venture that direction.

My photog shoots at LC all the time and said he never knew it was there...lol The view kicks ass during the day especially, when the water is emerald...ahhhhhh We took most of our pics there because it was so comfy and cool...here are a few:

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users