Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#361 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

I was barefoot and didn't even know they were around me until after when people told me, but there were a few times where the photographer AND my dad had to scoot them away from my train so I hear...lol

And on our videos it's so funny because there are times you can see the gm's/bm's looking down at the sand like "get away". Our ring bearer wouldn't touch the sand in his bare feet and had to be carried up with the rings - ha!! It was actually quite funny.

#362 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

Lol...that's kind of funny. I wonder if anyone has been pinched during the vows. Now I have to choose on the set up of the isle? I like the ocean in the backdrop, but I like the straight isle. I think I'm going to turn some of this over to the FI whether he likes it or not! So many decisions!
      Happily married since 2008

#363 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        you can make that decision the morning of - don't worry about it! and i think i saw just as much of the ocean as the "crooked aisle" if you wanted straight - but it's totally up to you!
        Well I beg to differ there Ann (imagine that! lol). Both views are fantastic so one isn't better than another, but yours was more set back from the water with the foliage and rocks in the background, while the water was in our faces with nothing but water in the background. Either way you know you're on a beach and nothing is lost. It's a personal preference and you're right, you don't have to decide until that day :o)

#364 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

i was facing Paul ... so there could have been a gorilla behind me and I wouldn't have known! lol (not sure why I chose a gorilla there)

#365 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

I know, I faced Will sometimes too but there were times we had to face Brad to listen to him/sand ceremony/etc. and besides him obstructing the view (lol) it was all waves. If it weren't for the videos I wouldn't remember what Brad was talking about, but I know we were facing that way at some points...lol

gorilla=jungle, I get it...

#366 Rkiss

Rkiss
            • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

Today I realized that there is only about 8 weeks until our Las Caletas wedding!! I have a couple questions - I am thinking about not having the Trio, do you think they are worth it? Ann, I watched your video... teared up... can't imagine what I will be like at my own wedding! Loved the minister and will have the same one - did you send him what you wanted as far as the ceremony goes or did he just have his own material? Also, I noticed you signing a certificate, was that your own or did Nicole have one done up for the ceremony? I haven't done much in the way of decorations as I figure the ocean will suffice as a backdrop! I haven't really done much in the way of planning, after reading all the posts here on the forum I have all the faith in the world in Nicole.
              Am I the next one to be married at Las Caletas? Or is there someone before me? I am soooo excited!!

#367 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rkiss
                Today I realized that there is only about 8 weeks until our Las Caletas wedding!! I have a couple questions - I am thinking about not having the Trio, do you think they are worth it? I am going to say yes, it was worth it, just because my guests said they really enjoyed it, and that they were really talented. I didn't hear much of them though - which is too bad. I do think they added a nice ambience since they were playing as all of the guests arrived.

Ann, I watched your video... teared up... can't imagine what I will be like at my own wedding! I didn't cry at the wedding, or the entire week! But I sure did when I watched the video and the slideshow from Leigh - and I still do!

Loved the minister and will have the same one - did you send him what you wanted as far as the ceremony goes or did he just have his own material? About 1-2 weeks before the wedding he sends you what he has (email), and asks you to review it - I had Paul do all of that. But I think that he includes 3 ceremonies - the hand blessing, the sand ceremony, and ... hmmmm, I swear there is another one. We just chose the hand blessing. Other than that we didn't do anything specific - but you can totally tell him what you'd like.

Also, I noticed you signing a certificate, was that your own or did Nicole have one done up for the ceremony? That is provided - Brad (minister, he ROCKS!) will come find you and have you sign it - he just grabbed us after dinner some time.

I haven't done much in the way of decorations as I figure the ocean will suffice as a backdrop! I haven't really done much in the way of planning, after reading all the posts here on the forum I have all the faith in the world in Nicole. I don't think I did much either, and I was very happy with how it all turned out. I added the sea glass, and then had sent pics to Nicole of centerpieces that I liked ... that's about it! Oh, I mentioned to her that I'd like to use the beige table runners too (they already had these).

Am I the next one to be married at Las Caletas? Or is there someone before me? I am soooo excited!! We have Heather&Dan in Oct some time, and then Brooke & Gen on 11/5 ... but you're so close!
                see my responses in blue!

#368 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

Do you still sign a certificate even if you aren't legally married there? I know you returned to the US to be married, Ann. We are planning to do the same thing- just Hawaii-less. How fun to sign a certificate though! I thought we wouldn't get to do anything like that for our "real" wedding (to us it will be real.)

#369 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:05 AM

nope - we got to sign it even though it wasn't the legal ceremony - it's really more of a keepsake. though i think paul's dad thought it was official - they actually ask for witnesses! we hadn't talked about it beforehand, so we each called someone up - Paul called his dad up, and I called my sis.

#370 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

Aww...cute. We aren't telling everyone it technically isn't the legal ceremony. I don't want it to deemphasize the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users