Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

The Cheesecake Factory: White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake

this is one of my favorite cheesecakes...so yummy!!!

Quote:
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Cheesecake Factory: White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake

From Top Secret Recipes

1 1/2 C chocolate cookie crumbs or 20 crumbled Oreo cookies (with filling removed)

1/3 C margarine, melted

1/2 C raspberry preserves

1/4 C water

4 8oz pkgs cream cheese

1 1/4 C granulated sugar

1/2 C sour cream

2 tsp vanilla extract

5 eggs

4oz white chocolate, chopped into chunks

Preheat oven to 475. Place a large pan or oven-safe skillet filled with about 1/2" of water into the oven while it preheats. This will be your water bath.

Combine the raspberry preserves with 1/4 cup water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high in your microwave. Stir until smooth. Strain to remove the raspberry seeds (toss them out), then let the strained preserves sit to cool, then put the bowl in the refrigerator until later.

Measure 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (or crush 20 Oreo cookie wafers in a resealable plastic bag) into a medium bowl. Mix in 1/3 cup melted margarine. Press the crumb into a 9" spring form pan that has been lined on the bottom and side with parchment paper. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the crum mixture flat into the bottom of the pan and about 2/3 the way up the side. Wrap a large piece of foil around the bottom of the pan to keep the cheesecake dry when placed in the water bath. Put the crust in your freezer until the filling is done.

Use an electric mixter to combine the cream cheese wiht the sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for a couple minutes or until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl and then add them to the cream mixture. Blend the mixture just enough to integrate the eggs.

Remove the crust from the freezer and sprinkle 4 ounces of white chocolate chunks onto the bottom of the crust. Pour half of the cream cheese filling into the crust. Drizzle the raspberry preserves over the entire surface of the filling. Use a butter knife to swirl the raspberry into the cream cheese. Pour the other half of the filling into the crust.

Carefully place the cheesecake into thwa ter bath in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes at 475, then turn the oven down to 350 and bake 50-60 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake turns a light brown or tan color. Remove the cheesecake from the oven to cool. When the cheesecake is cool, use the foil from the bottom to cover the cheesecake and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

Before serving, sprinkle the entire top surface with shaved white chocolate. To serve, slice the cheesecake into 12 equal portions. Apply a pile of canned whipped cream to the top of each slice and serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Oh... it sounds so yummy but I am not a fan of white chocolate.... do you think a substitution for milk chocolate would still be good?
i'm not sure...the white chocolate is what makes it yummy...but i know there is a good chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe out there...let me find it.