First piece: Not to exceed 62 inches...up to 44 pds
    Second piece: Not to exceed 55 inches ...up to 44 pds
    The total weight of both bags may not exceed 88 lbs

This is on Ryan International though.

#22 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

For us Canadian brides... this is directly off of the Sunquest web site, I think I'm going to cry... That seems so ridiculously low... I'd love to hear how other Canadian ladies coped with this...? I have no idea how I am going to get 50 gift bags including stainless steel travel mugs down there. Guess I'm just going to pay a fortune in overweight charges....

Air Transat

Baggage Allowance
      Each passenger is allowed a maximum of two pieces of checked luggage, the combined weight of both pieces not to exceed 20 kg (44 lbs)

Excess baggage will be charged at $7 per kg for each direction.

Skyservice

Baggage Allowance
      Each passenger is allowed a maximum of two pieces of checked luggage, the combined weight of both pieces not to exceed 20 kg (44 lbs)

Excess Baggage
      A charge of $10CDN per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from Canada.
      A charge of 5.00 GBP per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from the United Kingdom.
      A charge of €7.00 Euros per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from Europe.
      A charge of $8.00 USD per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from any other country.
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#23 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:39 AM

I was wrong in my previous post. Well, kinda.

If you book directly through Ryan International (which I have never even heard of until our TA booked us on them) you get 2 check in luggage that can weight something like 50 pounds each. If you book through Funjet you get 2 pieces with a combined weight of 44 pounds.

Ugh....I posted a thread earlier about this. I am having the same problem. I just wanna CRY.

#24 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Just Martha
          I was wrong in my previous post. Well, kinda.

If you book directly through Ryan International (which I have never even heard of until our TA booked us on them) you get 2 check in luggage that can weight something like 50 pounds each. If you book through Funjet you get 2 pieces with a combined weight of 44 pounds.

Ugh....I posted a thread earlier about this. I am having the same problem. I just wanna CRY.
          Ryan Air is a popular airline in Europe for cheap flights. You can get a $7 flight from city to city. But, the weight limit is really low and they make a lot of their money off overage fees. I have heard stories from my friends about paying Ryan Air for overweight baggage. That's why I looked into this for our guests.

I think since you know about it this far in advance you can figure something out. Are any of your guests not flying Ryan Air? Maybe they could take an entire 50 pound bag for you. Most people who are just going for the weekend wouldn't be taking a lot anyway, so letting you use one of their alloted bags might not be hard. So if you can find enough people on different airlines, maybe you can get all your stuff there.

#25 christenew

christenew
          • 325 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jmhein
            For us Canadian brides... this is directly off of the Sunquest web site, I think I'm going to cry... That seems so ridiculously low... I'd love to hear how other Canadian ladies coped with this...? I have no idea how I am going to get 50 gift bags including stainless steel travel mugs down there. Guess I'm just going to pay a fortune in overweight charges....

Air Transat

Baggage Allowance

Excess baggage will be charged at $7 per kg for each direction.

Skyservice

Baggage Allowance

Excess Baggage
            A charge of $10CDN per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from Canada.
            A charge of 5.00 GBP per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from the United Kingdom.
            A charge of â¬7.00 Euros per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from Europe.
            A charge of $8.00 USD per kg for each direction if passenger is originating from any other country.
            Thanks so much for the post. That sucks. I guess I am taking a bathing suit, my dress and a pair of sandles.

#26 pouchie

pouchie
            • 189 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by albianstar
              AHHH
              I started packing last night and are going sunquest
              i am only allowed 44LBS!!!
              I packed my clothes, bathing suits etc, adn am at 40LBS
              Havent packed favors,cake toppers etc yet!
              Why dont they have at the very least should allow the bride extra wieght
              This is my exact problem!! I am flying out of Canada as well and have a ton of extra luggage to bring with me. The only solution the airline offered me was to ask our wedding party to help bring it over in their luggage. You would think that having 65 people book through them for our wedding they would be a little more accomadating.

#27 pouchie

pouchie
              • 189 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

My travel agent just let us know it is a dollar every Kg your over so it adds up fast. I guess we will just have to pay it.

#28 MelissaH

MelissaH
                • 1,724 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Canadian girls - your only options are to pay for the extra weight or upgrade yourselves to first class. We found that upgrading to first class was cheaper than paying for the extra weight....aaaand we got free booze so we just got loaded and forgot about how badly we just got screwed by the airline for a little while LOL

#29 MelissaH

MelissaH
                  • 1,724 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

Another tip...pack as much in your carry on as you can!!!!!

#30 pouchie

pouchie
                    • 189 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

hehehe That is a great idea but we couldn't get first class for some reason I think it might have been fully booked already. I love the booze idea on the way down why not celebrate!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users