• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

I don't know if this idea has popped up anywhere yet, but I thought it was kind of cute, something different anyway. It may present an issue when it comes to transporting this - but possibly worth the effort. Or maybe this would be better for an AHR. Basically, instead of your guests signing a guest book they can sign a plate. I like the palm tree plate.

These could also be used for many other occasions!

Check it out: Wedding Signature Platters - Unique hand painted guest books

#2 MERRYME

MERRYME
    • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

LOve this idea!! It might be worth it to transport back and forth.
      Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
      22nd of December 2006

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

one of our brides tara had this but it ended up breaking

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:30 PM

Oooohhh - that's really too bad. I don't know if I will do something like this, but it's a cute idea. I just don't know that I'd do a guest book - so this could take it's place.

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for posting this Ann. I'd been meaning to do a search for one of these!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

I purchased a Mexican Plate during our site visit a week or so back and put it in our carry on, came back fine, packed it in-between a bunch of clothes.. SO I say if you try it, just be sure to pad it really well... I was also thinking about the picture frame idea..

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

Has anyone done or thought about doing the matte frame with your picture in the middle and people sign all around it on the matte? does that make any sense? I was thinking of doing this.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Yes, that is an idea I've been playing with.. Oh and just an FYI if you go to a craft store it's much cheaper then buying one as say Pottery Barn. Just a little helpful hint. In Michigan we have a store called "Meiger and I seen one there for 10.00, includes mat & pen. It would fit an 5x7 picture, and all you'll need to do is find a frame..

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the tip Tammy! I think this would be nice because you'll be able to see it all the time. I thought about the plate too, but I'm not sure where I'd put it.

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                    Yes, that is an idea I've been playing with.. Oh and just an FYI if you go to a craft store it's much cheaper then buying one as say Pottery Barn. Just a little helpful hint. In Michigan we have a store called "Meiger and I seen one there for 10.00, includes mat & pen. It would fit an 5x7 picture, and all you'll need to do is find a frame..
                    Was this recently Tammy? Wow- I need to get myself over to Meijer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users