• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 mellowdrama

mellowdrama
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy
    Amy, anytime we had breakfast at El Cocotal, there was always a ton of room and we had no problem sitting with everyone if we wanted to. I would recommend you use this for a dinner at Las Fuentes or El Cocotal. We preferred Fuentes. Maybe a welcome dinner or good bye dinner. Just my two cents.
    Wow - that's incredibly helpful! Good to know - I wasn't too crazy about the dinner options, and that's why we went with the breakfast idea. We'll review the dinner options again, and re-think the decision about using the free meal for breakfast. I've got plenty of time to decide, since the wedding isn't until December. Thanks for the advice!

#62 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mellowdrama
      Wow - that's incredibly helpful! Good to know - I wasn't too crazy about the dinner options, and that's why we went with the breakfast idea. We'll review the dinner options again, and re-think the decision about using the free meal for breakfast. I've got plenty of time to decide, since the wedding isn't until December. Thanks for the advice!
      If you haven't already, take the time to read through this thread: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7513
      I know my mom posted the dinner menu for Fuentes in the last few days, and some other girls have made recommendations on what was good. You also might think about starting a thread in the Riviera Maya forum on "EDR Reception dinner options: Cocotal vs. Fuentes, BDW tested and approved" or something like that and ask members to post what they did or didn't like at each place.

#63 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

You also might consider adding a poll to it where we all pick Cocotal or Fuentes as our "free" reception site.

#64 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
        • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

Tentaive...

Name: Linda
          Wedding date: April 5th, 2009
          Time: 5:00 pm
          Cocktail reception: Undecided..
          Dinner/Reception: Private Dinner at Tucanes
          Number of guests: approx. 25

#65 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
          • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Rhonda
            Hi,
            I just booked my wedding at EDR for May 2, 2009. I'm SO happy that decision has been made, but, now I need to make a lot more decisions! :)
            I am wondering...For any past or future EDR brides, how soon did you choose the locations for the wedding events (ceremony, cocktail, reception)? I was told by my WC that you can't book locations until at least 6 months before...
            What has been your experience?

Thanks for your help!
            Deciding on a date has been my biggest challenge as well. But finally I'm set with a date now too. I haven't chosen many of my wedding things yet either cause I'm so undecisive. So right now I'm just kind of collecting ideas from this wonderful forum. Who is your WC at EDR? They probably only said that because locations can drastically change between now and your wedding. Especially ceremony sites. For example, I wanted to get married at the Casita's Gazebo, but can't now because my WC has told me that the ocean washed it up, unfortunetly .
            I have been working with Valeria, she is wonderful and really helps you at narrowing your decisions. In the mean time just absorb as much info as you can until your ready to decide. Happy Planning!

#66 beth

beth
            • 128 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

Tentaive...

Name: Beth
              Wedding date: February 21, 2009
              Time: 5:00 pm
              Cocktail reception: Undecided..thinking Fiesta Mexican Cocktail Party
              Dinner/Reception: TBD
              Number of guests: 60-70

#67 BandE2008

BandE2008
              • 228 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Ops

Forgot to do this I see :

Name: Eden
                Wedding date: November 26th, 2008 (there Nov 23-30)
                Time: 3:30 pm
                Cocktail reception: Undecided.. had booked, not am worried about $
                Dinner/Reception: Private Dinner at Tucanes
                Number of guests: approx. 40
                Rehearsal: El Cooctal (I think)

#68 KirstenRN6

KirstenRN6
                • 220 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

Name: Kirsten
                  Wedding date: December 11, 2008
                  Time: 4:00 pm
                  Cocktail reception: No cocktail receptions for us.
                  Dinner/Reception: Private Dinner at Tucanes (Family style dinner option)
                  Number of guests: approx. 20
                  Rehearsal: El Cocotal

#69 Rhonda

Rhonda
                  • 270 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

Dreamgirl,
                    Thanks for your reply. I am also working with Valeria and so far she's been great! I think I just get nervous that things will get booked by other parties and I won't have my first choice. But, I think you're right, things could change, so it's best to wait. Anyway, reading the forum helps and I'm realizing that there are so many great places at EDR, that I'm sure I'll be happy where ever! Happy planning to you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users