@Kass11Craig I was married at Now Sapphire in April, so I can't speak specifically to Now Jade, but I believe the resorts are similar in terms of their costs, what's included, etc. Make sure you check out the Now Jade thread on this forum, if you haven't already.
@dreamweddings is correct in some respects - it is often that brides simply don't understand what's included in the wedding packages. But it's little things that you would never expect to pay for, and that aren't clearly outlined unless you really read closely, that can be pretty surprising and can make it feel like you are being nickeled and dimed.
Some examples from Now Sapphire:
- $5 for each ceremony chair over the 25 included in the package
- $100 to string lights around poles that I brought myself
- $100 to put out the vases, candles, etc. I brought
- If you want to string lights across the reception area, you need to rent (or bring) lights - but also the poles that must be installed in order to string them (I didn't end up doing this, so not sure of the cost)
- $15 per person over the 25 included in the package for the open bar at the cocktail hour
- $5 per person over the 25 included in the package for the champagne (sparkling wine) toast
It can seem ridiculous, especially because it's an all-inclusive resort. You think "why am I paying for booze when my guests paid to be at the resort"? But if you think about it, a lot of it makes sense. Your guests did not pay for private service, nor did they pay for a special meal to be prepared for them, etc.. And when it comes to service fees for decor set-up, etc., again there is labor involved in setting up those chairs or stringing those lights.
But it can add up and you can feel pretty frustrated with it. I would recommend reaching out to your WC early (if you can - some resorts don't put you in touch with your WC until a few months before your wedding) to get a good understanding of all the extra charges. While I was surprised from time-to-time during the planning process, I was not surprised when I got to resort and paid for my wedding. Ask lots of questions and get it in writing. Also, note that most resorts do have a lot of extra charges - Now Sapphire and Now Jade are not alone in this.