OMG @snswedding2016 @vancouverpetunia @jes0912 you ladies rock!! I can't believe you all had over 40 guests and stayed in those budgets. Maybe I am misunderstanding these packages when they are sent to me.
@jes0912 I just received a pdf from Moon Palace today with all the additional fees, like an extra $27 per guest to keep the food warm...I laughed out loud at this. I know Moon Palace gives you credits and free event time but I am not sure of how many people I will have. It can range from 30 - 60 people.
@vancouverpetunia @snswedding2016 Here is what I am looking at the Dreams Sands in Cancun...let me know if I am misundersanding:
Dreams of Love Wedding Package This package includes:
• Service of Judge or Minister
• Wedding organization and personal touch of on-site wedding coordinator
• Preparation and ironing of the couple’s wedding day attire
• Complimentary room for one member of the wedding couple the night before the wedding (based on availability and upon request)
• Bouquet(s) and/or boutonniere(s) for wedding couple
• Two boutonnieres and two corsages for wedding party
• Hairstyling and makeup application for one member of the wedding couple for day of ceremony
• Wedding Cake and sparkling wine (up to 20 guests)
• Private Cocktail Hour with hors d’oeuvres (silver menu, up to 20 guests)
• Private Dinner Reception (silver menu, up to 20 guests)
• Natural floral centerpiece for the sweetheart table (1)
• 36 full color photos and wedding album (taken during ceremony)
• Special turn-down service the night of the wedding
• 15% discount on all spa treatments (boutique purchases not included)
• Newlywed Package (see pg. 9 for details)
• Waterford Yours Truly toasting flutes
• Late check-out for the couple (based on availability and upon request)
• Free Anniversary Nights (see pg. 8 for details)
Each additional person is $117.90
-I do my own nails. I am not having a bridal party (just maid of honor). My sister in law does hair and makeup so that's covered.
In this package I have 20 guests included for $3200 but if I have another 30 come that would be another $3537 in addition to the $3199. I do want a reception with dancing. I am not paying for a dance floor. I am mixing my own music and one of my fiances friends will be an MC for our announcement and speeches. So I am looking at $6736 for just feeding people. No flowers, no changing out chairs or linens, etc. Am I going about it correctly? I would pay to add some centerpieces for color and pay for sound equipment and lights. I can't find any resort in Cancun that has a package for 40 people. I've been in contact with a few different resorts and having a call with Dreams Sands on Monday morning.
@jes0912 Here is the link to the pdf I received from the Palace resorts with all their additional fees : http://weddings.pala...l_services.pdf
I feel like these fees aren't even avoidable. They will just tack on $27 to keep your food warm, etc.
I believe the 75 room night is still in effect but you receive 9 hours of free event time. When I spoke with the lady at Palace Resorts she said that people would have to book through Moon Palace to qualify for the group package and they would have to book for a minimum of 3 nights. If they book 2 nights, it wouldn't count. I know I will definitely have at least 15 couples going (lets say they book for 3 nights each that comes to 45 nights). At 45 room nights, this will give me a free cocktail hour. Then the question becomes, will people book through the resort directly or just go onto expedia or orbitz to book. Moon palace said if they book throgh those sites, it does not count.
I'm speaking with a travel agent tomorrow so perhaps she will have more insight to getting free things. But with a price tag of $1200 per person to travel from NY with airfare and hotel, I would feel terrible making my guests pay that much for me.