Photo

Are There Any Resorts That Have Private Ceremonies (Non-Beach)?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2017weddingguy

2017weddingguy
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find places in DR similar to Sky Terraces Azul or Royal Royalton in Mexico but in DR. Anyone have any leads? Thanks so much!

#2 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
    • 102 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:14 PM

Hi there - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Royalton Punta Cana has a private area, it's called the Ecologic Spa. I have a photo if you'd like to see it, but I can't seem to attach it. We have stayed at Royalton PC and it's a great resort. Please feel free to email me at patty@wrighttravelagency.com. Thanks! Patty 

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
      AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
      Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#3 2017weddingguy

2017weddingguy
      • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hi Patty,

Thanks for the help! I just sent you an email. Is that really the only place in DR? Does Jamaica have any options?

#4 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

@2017weddingguy There are lots of ceremony location options. When you say private, what are you looking for? I got married in Jamaica and it's a very popular place with brides to be here, and we had a gazebo that was on the beach but down a path so the only people there are your guests. We also just renewed our vows and had a very private location at a private beach club up on a terrace but that's in Mexico. I don't think you're interested in Mexico, are you? There are a lot of resorts in Jamaica and generally all of them have a location that isn't beach - either a garden or waterfall location. It does look like Azul Sensatori in Jamaica also has that sky terrace location, so that could be an option.

Are you working with a travel agent? That's your best first step. Contacting Wright Travel will definitely give you a great start. They'll help you with your budget and your wants and don't wants, and also help you with your budget for your guests.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#5 lorishultz2016

lorishultz2016
        • 64 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 16, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Trying to figure that out
        • LocationKeller tx

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

I know Dreams Resort and Spa Punta Cana. Has a gazebo  that looks really nice. Not for sure where it is located. But we are going down there next weekend to check it all out. So If you have not decided on a place yet I can send you a photo of it and tell you where it is if you like just send me a message.

#6 2017weddingguy

2017weddingguy
        • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

Yes! Please share the pictures!

@lorishultz2016

#7 lorishultz2016

lorishultz2016
          • 64 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 16, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Trying to figure that out
          • LocationKeller tx

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

if you want send me your email address and I  can send them to you via email..

#8 2017weddingguy

2017weddingguy
          • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

sent! thanks so much

#9 tjs

tjs
            • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

We just got married at dreams la romana.  We were looking for the same thing.  Beautiful place.  Check them out.

#10 virginiaherm

virginiaherm
              • 17 posts
                • LocationPlaya del Carmen / New York

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

Sure, Royalton have several spots, for example a rooft  terrace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users