Input On My Timeline Please

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RoxRoy2015

• 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

I know there have been several posts on invitation timeline but I reeeeally would love some feedback on mine.

Wedding Date: April 21, 2017

April 21, 2016 - Electronic STD linking to our website with location, date, time details

Aug 21, 2016 - Physical invites

Jan 14, 2017 - After holiday e-reminder ("It's cold, join us in Jamaica")

Jan 21, 2017 - RSVP due

April 21, 2017 - The BIG Day

Thoughts or input?  I have my RSVP due 3 months before so I know how many things I need to purchase for favours, bags etc. My OOT bags will be given out prior to travel, due to logistical issues, so I need to know before hand.

Thank you!

#2 amberguesa

• 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

We are twins on our dates! You are more on top of things than me. I'm sending STD monday. Maybe invites August sounds good. I would love to hear more opinions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#3 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

That's basically what I did !

#4 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Your timeline looks pretty good to me. STDs usually do go out about a year in advance so that's ok. What about your booking deadlines? Are you going to put that anywhere, or is that the RSVP? Maybe on your wedding website?

The one thing I will caution you about.... is the RSVP. Don't pin too much on that date. It's almost a guarantee that you will be chasing people down. If you look through the various threads here, all the ladies have had the same issue. Not sure why, but there are people that just don't respond to an RSVP. I don't know why. You could use it as a guide. Is your RSVP going to be attached to your August invite? Is there a worry that people might lose the RSVP if the invite is going in August and the RSVP isn't due until January? Just a thought....

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#5 RoxRoy2015

• 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

@amberguesa My fiance and I have decided to elope. Since I already paid for the greenvelope.com for 40 STDs I was wondering if you'd like to have it as a gift for my date twin :)? I can just delete all of my info, make the password generic and pass it on to you. Let me know if you'd be interested. 

#6 amberguesa

• 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:33 AM

That is too sweet! I actually just sealed my up last night to put in the mail. Thanks for the nice offer. Have a great elopement!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#7 RoxRoy2015

• 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

You're welcome :) And have a great wedding!

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Wow RoxRoy2015 - how romantic to elope and share this amazing milestone with just the two of you - perfect!

We captured a beautiful elopement at Le Blanc with a really great couple that turned out so Romantic and Beautiful!!! You can see what we're talking about here: Le Blanc Wedding Album: (with some excerpts here - enjoy!!!)

Hope it all turns out just the way you envision - or Even BETTER!!! cheers, team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 24 April 2016 - 10:08 AM.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 Mangosong

• 170 posts
              • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
              • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
              • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:26 AM

Wow, I feel super behind. Ours is in March, and are STDs are supposed to go out this week.  :o  

#10 tiffanyt

• 103 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 23, 2017
              • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
              • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

@Mangosong I wanted mine to be sent out a year in advance but I had a couple issues come up so things got a little delayed. But from what I have read 9-12 months in advance is fine to send out the STDs for a destination wedding. Reading that made me feel so much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users