Buffet Menu For Guests?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crodriguez03

• 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Hello ladies! I'm getting married at Dreams Palm Beach on 4/15/2017. Should I have menus for guests if the dinner is buffet style. If so, can you send me pics of your menus that you used for ideas?

#2 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

@crodriguez03 I think this is entirely up to you! If it were me and I was having a buffet I wouldn't do a menu on each plate but I would make sure in front of each food there was a sign saying what the food is and maybe one menu per table that says what the options are. I don't think a menu on the table is necessary but if you are inclined, it's something for everyone to look at before they get up to the food.

#3 crodriguez03

• 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Thank you so much. That was very helpful:)

#4 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

@crodriguez03 Congrats and welcome. I agree - it's completely your choice. But I would definitely have something posted somewhere so that guests know what their options are. Some resorts will post a large menu on entering the dining area that gives the choices available. I like the idea of a menu on each table that gives all of the info. You could talk to your venue and see if they'll provide that for you.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#5 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

• Moderators
      • 121 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

I've always liked the idea of letting my guests know what's on the menu. I know when I've attended big events/weddings I always like to know what I'm eating especially for a buffet! 

I think you can do it several different ways:

-- putting a complete menu of the options on each plate

-- putting a full menu of the options at each table

-- putting a label of each dish right in front of the serving container (I just spent a few days at a resort in Mexico and this is how they did it at each buffet and this was more than enough for me!)

BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
        CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users