I'm Baaaaccck!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Welcome back! Sorry about your foot, that stinks :o( I'm glad you are starting to get settle in the new home.

#12 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Well, yay! You are moved. It's over with. I say amen to never moving again - isn't it just the most draining experience ever? I hope you didn't do any heavy lifting.

#13 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

yep, moving blows....but when you stand back and look at the finished product (eventually, i assure you), it's remarkable...i hope you took before pics - you'll have to post them w/ some after pics so we can see what an incredible difference it is!

read a few blog entries - isn't closing a bitch?! we sat around from 9am to 7pm on a friday just waiting to see if the sellers were even willing to close...and then the bank that FI went thru (notoriously slow to begin w/) was threatening to close for the night - good thing FI's a broker; and good thing the guy took his threats seriously

keep us posted - and i hope you feel better soon!!!

#14 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raeka
          Hey Jess, welcome back. I was wondering where you were.

Yeah moving sucks. But i'm sure in another 5 years you may forget how bad it was and decide to do it again LOL. How long until your foot gets better? I want some pictures when your better. hehe Congrats on the new home!!
          Haha. Probably will end up moving again one of these days. Dammit. I told DH though that next time we are hiring movers, painters, etc because doing it yourself SUCKS!

My foot is feeling a little better today. Hopefully only another week and it'll be back to normal, or so the doctor tells me. I sprained it the second day of moving. The garage opens up into the basement, so I was going through the doorway, and apparently forgot that there's a small step/ledge going from teh garage until the basement and totally tripped and landed on my foot. Ouch.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christa
          Well, yay! You are moved. It's over with. I say amen to never moving again - isn't it just the most draining experience ever? I hope you didn't do any heavy lifting.
          Absolutely, positively draining. No heavy lifting, but just unpacking has been draining enough for me!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lauren c.
          yep, moving blows....but when you stand back and look at the finished product (eventually, i assure you), it's remarkable...i hope you took before pics - you'll have to post them w/ some after pics so we can see what an incredible difference it is!

read a few blog entries - isn't closing a bitch?! we sat around from 9am to 7pm on a friday just waiting to see if the sellers were even willing to close...and then the bank that FI went thru (notoriously slow to begin w/) was threatening to close for the night - good thing FI's a broker; and good thing the guy took his threats seriously

keep us posted - and i hope you feel better soon!!!

I had planned to take before pictures, but I can't find my camera. It's in a box somewhere! I may still have some saved from our inspection though. I'll have to check once I uncover it.

And yes, closing is a bitch! I thought the mortgage application process was annoying enough (we had to produce proof for every cent in our bank account which was CRAZY!!), but the closing topped the application process. Ugh, so stressful.

#15 NHPT

NHPT
          • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

welcome back!!! glad to hear that you guys are moved in.......now the unpacking begins and if you are anything like me those boxes will drive you crazy and you will stay up for like 3 days straight until they are all unpacked and in their "perfect place"--i cant stand the clutter!
            how are you feeling? hows the baby treating you? not too much longer!!! can you believe it!!
            Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#16 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

Congrats on the new home!
              Michelle

#17 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Awww Im so sorry about your ankle!! You cant catch a break now can ya? I hope it heals up soon! And I hope you are enjoying the new house!!

#18 Jessica

Jessica
                • VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NHPT
                  welcome back!!! glad to hear that you guys are moved in.......now the unpacking begins and if you are anything like me those boxes will drive you crazy and you will stay up for like 3 days straight until they are all unpacked and in their "perfect place"--i cant stand the clutter!
                  how are you feeling? hows the baby treating you? not too much longer!!! can you believe it!!
                  Oh, they are totally driving me crazy! I'm such a neat freak and VERY organized. It hurts me to go into the living room because it's just full of boxes that need to be unacked, empty boxes, and the kitchen ceiling Brian has ripped down. And because every room is pretty much still in progress, I've already unpacked as much as I could. It's bad.

Baby is ok. Kicking the crap out of me. It's actually quite painful. I beg him to stop but he just kicks harder. Hopefully your baby will be nicer to you because it h-u-r-t-s!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                  Awww Im so sorry about your ankle!! You cant catch a break now can ya? I hope it heals up soon! And I hope you are enjoying the new house!!
                  I can't! Story of my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users