#291 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:36 AM

You are SO close!

BFF - I am so sad for you, your friend and your friends mom. It's really too bad that she can't see through her sorrow right now. She's going to look back on this time and your wedding day and feel such remorse for what she's put you through and for not standing by you. I can't even begin to imagine how she is feeling but blaming you is not right. Not sure if she told her mom a different story and that's why she took the veil back but at this point, you don't need her veil. @snswedding2016 is so sweet to offer you hers. I teared up reading that. Anyways, I'm so sorry she's made you out to be the villain. Keep your chin up and focus on you and Col.

Cheap Paper Fans - Have you been to Creative Bag? If you decide you want to do this still, they have some at reasonable prices and various colours. I know there is one in Mississauga so may be worth checking out.

MC Script - If you get around to writing this out, I'd love to see it. We need to start working on this too.

Your ties, ring box and card box look great! Aren't fiancé work trips the best thing for wedding planning? lol I miss Mike like crazy when he's gone but I find I'm 50% more productive.

Good luck with the rest of your list. Seems like you are on top of every detail. Your day will be here in no time :)

#292 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Awe Hun ((hugs))
I'm sure the actions of your friend and her mother are out of despair for what she's going thru. That's still no excuse for the way they've treated you. Your wedding still must go on and they need to appreciate and accept that. I hope once the hurt and confusion and grief passes her and the family she can see that you've done no wrong here and wanted the best for her.

I really hope that Stephanie's veil will work for you or you find something so last minute. Such a sweet offer.

I think all you've done looks fantastic!!! It is going to all come together great!

Your to do list is manageable especially with ten days alone! What does he do that he gets to go to Cuba? Lucky man. Can work on his pre Mexico tan haha

I got my fans from Michaels. They had a 50% coupon so I went 3 times. For 45 fans I paid $45. Oriental trading had cheap ones too but it's not Canadian so time may be short

I got a blue garter at Michaels for pretty cheap. Under $10. I didn't do a toss either but wanted it anyways :) by the end of the night it was off and being passed around. No idea who had it now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#293 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

@snswedding2016 I can't believe how close we are getting!  I hope that my friend will be able to reason with me at some point, it obviously wouldn't be any time soon of course.  Thank you sooooo much for offering your veil - that is so sweet of you!  @perianjay also offered hers to me, you ladies are beyond incredible.  I have my eye on a different hair style that wouldn't suit a veil, and probably more of a hair piece or flower.  Thank you so much though, I really appreciate it  :)

@ashhtayy soooo close omg!  You're getting closer too!  Well for my friend to say back to me "you asked me to step down, you made the decision" when I never ever asked her to step down proves that what she told her mom is completely different from the truth... The action of her mom asking for the veil back hurt so much, people I have known my whole life... but you're right, focus on me and Col and all the people who are so happy for us!  I'll def keep looking into the paper fans and will send you a copy of my MC Script, it's nothing fancy, will basically just be a guideline for when he needs to speak, I'll likely get this done when Col's away.  OMG I am sooo productive when Col's not home lol, even if he works an hour later or a Saturday, I miss him obviously but I get so much done lol

@calgarybride2015 I think you're right, they are so devastated by everything that their judgement is slightly skewed, my friend had a lot of displaced anger towards me during this, which I didn't ever take personally knowing what she was dealing with.  I'm feeling more now that it somewhat had to do with knowing that I am still getting married, shortly after her.  I hope she can see more clearly in a few months (or however long it takes) and realized I wasn't the bad guy in this.  So sweet of Steph to offer her veil I know!  Perian did as well, you girls are all so amazing. I'm hoping to get the most i can done while he's away, he works for a adventure travel company and it's a requirement to go on these trips, he's actually travelling the whole of Cuba, eating with local families, rolling cigars... but yes, he will get a super base tan, while I'll be visiting the tanning beds lol.  I saw the fans at Michael's, I'll check them out a bit more and that's so funny about your garter!!!  :lol:

I've kept things pretty simple but I am so excited to see it all come together!

Today when I was leaving the gym, one of the ladies from my spin class (who teared when I told her the story, and also offered me her veil!) stopped me to give me a present - Mary Kay hand cream, make-up remover wipes and finishing spray & translucent powder (that I was going to buy anyway!).  So sweet of her - I can't believe how amazing some people can be  :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#294 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

@deecol Us brides...well some of us now wives ( ;) ) gotta stick together! Happy to help out where I can! Can't wait to see it all come together! Post a pic when you have your new hair piece!! :)

I was just saying to Sean this morning how crazy the time is flying by. I remember thinking all of you April/June brides were far after our wedding and somehow here we are just around the corner from your weddings!! I still feel like I just got married last week - haha! So so excited for all of you and can't wait to hear about how it all goes!

Edited by snswedding2016, 21 March 2016 - 09:24 AM.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#295 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

That was too sweet of her to hook you up with those beauty products!! You have so many people looking out for you because you are a great person. 

I still have the veil if you need it. It's actually the style that has the comb so technically if you still wanted to wear it you could even wear it styled underneath your bun.

like this..

Attached File  f04969477901b43ee6225e155c9a5432.jpg   12.08KB   8 downloads

Let me know! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#296 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Thank you @perianjay you are soooo sweet! I'm going to look at some hair pieces this weekend and will definitely let you know about this veil before our meetup. It's perfect.

Thank you again for everything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#297 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

Oh Hun I am so sorry I've been MIA. It's been crazy busy at work but it's subsided somewhat so I'm back!! I'm sorry I've missed so much and I'm even more sorry to hear about your best friend. That's awful what her fiancé has done to her and I get she's in a rough place but I'm hoping she realizes soon that he's the bad guy, not you. It's always so much easier to lash out at those we love and subconsciously, she could just be angry that your relationship with Col is real when her's wasn't. Just leave her alone and hopefully time will bring her back to reality and sanity!

So I see that you have crossed quite a bit off your list, congrats!!! I'm so glad I'm back to see your final prep and countdown. I'm so excited for you.

As for hairpiece, I have the one I used that I will happily send your way if you like. It's on my fb page so just let me know and I'll ship it asap
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#298 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

I'm overwhelmed with people's kindness, @deecol. Three lovely brides (@snswedding2016, @perianjay & @wafflesmom) all offering you their veil/headpiece...it makes me smile. Not only are people here to share their wins, successes, fails, etc. they're all here to make sure your day is perfect :)

#299 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

@Wafflesmom I'm doing exactly what you said, leave her alone for a bit and hopefully she will start to see some clarity, I'm still thinking about her all the time of course and hoping that she's okay.

OMG you are so sweet and thoughtful to offer to send your hairpiece!!! I may go with a flower... I am so undecided and probably can't make a decision until I see my hair and I'm doing a trial next week, but we have some time so can I let you know?  That is so incredibly generous of you to offer, wow.

@ashhtayy Right?!  I can't express the gratitude and appreciation I have for you ladies.  The best support system a bride-to-be could ask for and more! 

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#300 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Awwwhhh shucks, you ladies are making me tear up. You're all so sweet, kind, generous and thoughtful. And I am glad to have "met" you through the course of this wedding stuff!  :wub:

@deecol I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your friend and her mom. Like everyone else has said, hopefully they will see the light once some time has passed. I think you are being awfully "big" about the situation. Good for you. I hope it works out in the end and I'm glad to hear you are excited about your new bridesmaid. Your day will be amazing no matter what. Your to-do list is getting smaller and smaller!  :D

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users