375 replies to this topic

#161 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

@deecol haha!! Chester did the same thing too. He liked it so much when we first got it he wanted to wear it longer than just trying it on.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#162 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

@deecol  Playing catch up again.... lol  You guys give me such a chuckle. It's so fun to read your posts!

Love your ring!! It looks so nice with your e-ring. Great choice!!

Same on Colin's ring. Simple. Smart looking. Engraved will be really special. I love the colour and it suits his hand.  His suit too is really smart. I'm so glad Doug chose gray and I agree with the others - it looks so good in pictures. It's neat to see the colour choices of everyone with the different shades of gray that are chosen and every one of them looks great!!

The table numbers are really nice!! Definitely post another pic once you paint them. It's going to be gorgeous in the metallic! Great find!!

The watches are really beautiful and a great gift! You can't beat boxing day sales and that's definitely a fabulous price!!

It's really coming together now... It's so cool to see brides as they get to around the 3 month mark and the details really start to gel. The vision gets clearer and you can see the excitement level go up!

Not long to go..... and you know the time will fly by!! Keep up the awesome work in the gym and kudos for staying with it at Xmas! That alone speaks to your determination. Good on both of you!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#163 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

@acw271011 Thank you thank you  :) I know what you mean, there's so much going on and so many of our dates are approaching I'm finding myself going backwards in everyone's threads to catch up too.

When Colin came home last night he told me he put his ring on again that morning when he woke up lol apparently he wanted to see what it felt like with his hands warmed up LOL he's worse than me!

I'm happy seeing everything coming together as well!  Time is flying!  I have a lot going on at the moment and feeling a bit of anxiety, but I'm sure I'll be okay.  My bridal shower is 1 month today and I'm planning it as well so it's a bit more stress on my plate, plus I still need to arrange my best friend's bachelorette for some time in March... and stick to our workout schedule!  Keep your fingers crossed for me  :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#164 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

@deecol. Of course fingers are crossed for you!! They wouldn't be any other way!! You WILL be fine!! I know it! You've got this girl, no problem!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#165 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

@acw271011 You're the best  :)

Just got an email from GBP assigning our wedding coordinator to us!  We have been assigned Andrea.  I'm looking forward to getting everything planned!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#166 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

@deecol Oh that means you're really close! lol Once you get your coordinator it almost means "you're up next" lol  I think I recognize the name and it seems I've heard good things. Good luck!!

Hey - question for you. Do you know if the complex has a private adults only beach area? I'm really trying to work with going there in April but since we stayed at an adults only resort in October, Doug is now stuck on the idea. Gran Bahia has the Sian Kaan but it's actually across the highway and it means taking the resort shuttle over to the beach, which Doug wasn't happy about. They have their own pools and stuff and anyone from any part of the resort that is over 18 can use their facilities. My cousin is already booked into Akumal. They booked last summer and since it's from the UK they're doing the usual 2 weeks that Brits do. (I so wish we could do it too!!!) It's her 40th wedding anniversary and I haven't made it home since 2009 so I would just about give everything I own to be able to meet up with them in Mexico. I'm trying to find things that I can use to convince Doug to be in the same location, otherwise I know he's going to want to be somewhere else and to me that defeats the purpose of being there. I want to spend some time with my family so it doesn't make any sense to not be at the same resort. But if the beach isn't adults only, or at least a part of it, it just won't fly with Doug. If I can say "yeah, there is an adults only beach section" then I might be able to convince him that Akumal is ok and that we could do all of the other adults only activities. I posted the question on the Gran Bahia FB site but nobody has answered yet.

event.png

#167 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

@acw271011 ahhh I know!  So close!  I've asked the resort forum about Andrea and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure she'll be great!

I'm so sorry. the only thing I know about the resort being adult only is Sian Kaan like you mentioned.  Since we knew we had a couple kiddies joining us we didn't even look into adults only so I'm afraid I have no information for you!  You mentioned possibly being there during the two weeks I'm there, even though it might be different resorts, it would be incredible if we could meet up, and if you were there for the big day!  Keep me posted!  And I hope someone gets back to you soon!  If not, is there a travel agent you can speak to and ask?

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#168 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

@acw271011 ahhh I know!  So close!  I've asked the resort forum about Andrea and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure she'll be great!

I'm so sorry. the only thing I know about the resort being adult only is Sian Kaan like you mentioned.  Since we knew we had a couple kiddies joining us we didn't even look into adults only so I'm afraid I have no information for you!  You mentioned possibly being there during the two weeks I'm there, even though it might be different resorts, it would be incredible if we could meet up, and if you were there for the big day!  Keep me posted!  And I hope someone gets back to you soon!  If not, is there a travel agent you can speak to and ask?

I'm going to see what I can find out. There will be places I can ask, I'm sure of it. But thanks for the reply. If you happen to get in touch with your WC, if you think of it run it by her if you can? She definitely would know but I'm going to ask our TA that we used and see what he knows as well.

event.png

#169 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

Need opinions!

I bought my girls their dresses as their bridesmaids gift, but I want to give them a little something on the day. They both have pandora bracelets and I found this charm that goes with our colours as well:

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452275863.736230.jpg   37.34KB   10 downloads

What do you think?

(Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, I took a screen shot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deecol, 08 January 2016 - 09:59 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#170 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

@deecol Toooo cute! I love it and it has sentimental meaning. I say do it!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users