Deecol's Planning Thread - Gbp - April 30Th, 2016

@@deecol Looks like you are in great shape!!

I've been piggy backing off both yours and @@vancouverpetunia to do lists - they've been so helpful :) Thank you!

Love the hair and hair piece. I think you'll be so happy to have all your hair up and out of the way. I can picture it with your dress - you'll be a stunning bride.

I like option two for the tag on the champagne bubble bottles :)

Time has flown! I can't believe how close you are now.

• Like 2

Less than one month to go now! Your to-do list looks totally doable, great job staying on top of things

Love the hair piece BTW, I procrastinated on getting something for my hair, so if I don't stumble onto something this weekend I'll be just a regular updo. I really think your hairpiece will complement your dress beautifully

Enjoy your final countdown to the wedding, it will pass by quickly but with everything you have completed so far you're in great shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@deecol  Well girl - you're next. Another one I need to deeply apologize to for not being here the last couple of months. I've just finished catching up on your thread - you've really been through it, haven't you. I'm sorry I wasn't here for support. I should have been. I can't believe your wedding is so close now. Yours has been one of the toughest for me to follow over the last couple of months for specific reasons, but that's no reason to not be here for you. From doing all that work for your own shower and then having to go through stuff with your best friend. But you've just risen above it and everything you've put together is going to be amazing! It would have been totally cool to be in Mexico to creep it!! lol

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend. We forget sometimes with the happiness that we've found with the guys that we have, that there are guys out there that just should not be on this earth. Jerk is too nice of a word for them but they do things like what happened to your friend. I suspect she'll come around in time, especially if you've been friends that long. She's hurting definitely. I'm just sorry she projected on to you the way she did, but I'm sure it's because your wedding is so close and it's just such a difficult thing for her to get through. I'm not sure if you were here or not, but there was a bride to be on this site that should have been getting married in February of this year. Kim will remember her (@calgarybride2015). Anyway, she was right up to her middle in all her planning and she made the super difficult decision to break it off because of some things that were happening. It was the right decision from everything that she said and it took guts for sure. She told everyone here and asked about staying on the site even though she was no longer getting married so wouldn't have a wedding to report on. She was only here about a week after that and then she disappeared. Long story short I think it was just too much for her to be here with everyone talking weddings all the time, or reviewing their own, and I think it was just too painful. I think it might be that for your friend. You're being the big heart in all of it so fingers are crossed for you that things work out for both of you. It's sad about the veil though. Things get said and done in pain and anger that shouldn't be. I'm so glad the awesome ladies here made the offers that they did to you. I'm not at all surprised - that's just how special they are, and how special you are too. I'm also glad you got the BM stuff worked out and that you're happy with who is standing with you. Don't feel guilty about being excited about your wedding. You're entitled to be so don't let the unhappiness ruin anything for you. It's hard I know not to bubble over with excitement around people when you're planning something so special, and it's even harder to keep it in check around someone that I'm sure is in so much pain. But letting her be is the best thing for both of you I think. It allows you to have YOUR time, which you're completely allowed and deserve, and it lets her take some time to hopefully heal so that the two of you can get back to hopefully being friends!

You've accomplished so much over the last couple of months - it's all coming together so beautifully! I love your sandals!! I'm sure they'll be completely comfortable! And seeing you in your finished dress which I will say is stunning - they'll be perfect for your reception!! Love the barefoot jewellery too! Are you afraid of hot sand, or are they putting something down for you to walk on?

Omg those flowers you found are so pretty!!! I absolutely love the colours! And in the heart vases with the "matching" table numbers, they're so perfect!!

Reading through your "to do" lists, I think they're completely manageable given that you still have a couple of weeks. Just try not to stress. Yeah - easier said than done I know. But you've got everything so well in hand. Colin's suit is super smart! And your card box and ring box are perfect! Don't worry about not doing a guest book. You know from being here there are no hard rules about stuff, so if it's what you don't want, then don't do it. I love the idea of the two dances together - what was the final decision? And I love your song selection too. Remember too that things like engraving can always be done when you get home if you run out of time. We're keeping an eye on the dollar too and hoping it continues to creep up. We haven't been in the US since Xmas because of it. Fingers crossed!

I'd forgotten you were doing the legal ceremony in Mexico. It's what Doug and I did in Jamaica so I can only speak as someone that did it, and believe me when I say I'm totally NOT taking anything from the ladies that did the legal at home and symbolic as the dw, but I know you won't regret having your wedding date as "the" date. It was the only thing for us. Doug being the way he is, if we had done a legal at home he would have said ok, that's it. We're done now. We're married lol Originally it was me that said lets just do jeans and city hall, and he suggested a park somewhere instead, which just morphed into a dw. i don't regret it in any way in spite of everything that happened.

You got this girl. It will be amazing! I'm so looking forward to seeing it all come together, hear about it after and see your photos!! We love GBP resorts (we're biased since we got married at one) and they seem to really know how to do weddings! Wow - I guess it's 20 days until you leave!! Woohoo!

• Like 1

@@ashhtayy I’m so happy I can help with my to-do list – I’ve used some of the girls here as well and it’s so helpful!  I think the hair and hair piece will work really well with my dress too!  Thank you J

I like option 2 for the bubbles as well!

@@snswedding2016 I cannot believe how close we are!!!  I’m trying to get through my to-do list as quickly as possible lol.  I think the hair piece with really suit my dress too!

@@krystalball Thank you – I think the hairpiece will work really well with my dress to! I’m sure you will look amazing with or without a hair piece J  You are leaving in a couple days!  I can’t wait to see all your pics and hear all about it at our next meet-up when you get back!

@@acw271011 I can’t believe I’m next!  Time is flying!

Please do not apologize, I hope everything is okay and looking forward to seeing you this Friday!

I really hope my friend does come around, breaks my heart to think of her going through this without me but I don’t think I’m the person she wants to be friends with at the moment, I hope in time we can connect again.  The veil situation definitely hurt, it’s worked out for the best as I am super happy with my hair piece but the whole taking back action was painful for me.  You ladies are so amazing, I can’t believe how lucky I am to have connected with you all, you have made this experience that much more special for me.

Really hoping I can keep us this momentum and get through my to-do list!  From the pictures I’ve seen, the ceremony location looks partially shaded… I’ll speak to the coordinator when I’m there to make sure it’s not too hot to stand on but I think we’ll be okay!

I’m really happy with my centrepieces too!  I didn’t realize I had this “heart” theme happening and then it all came together!

We have decided on doing the final dance together to Rod Stewart’s “Have I told you lately”.  It takes the pressure off and I feel like this way our guests won’t get “bored” and have to sit through 2 dances.  My mom’s a bit jealous that she doesn’t get a special dance but we’ll just have to cross that bridge we get to it…

Col and I mainly decided on having the legal ceremony so that we just had the “one” date.  Initially we were going to have a legal ceremony here first but changed our minds, hoping it all works out!  The first all-inclusive I ever went to was at the GBP in Dominican, and I loved it!  They're a great chain!

Thank you for your encouraging words!  I’m trying to stay focused and positive and am just so looking forward to getting to Mexico!  Especially after this April storm we had!

26 Days until we say I DO... 19 until Mexico!

We had two more guests book over the weekend, and one looking for a last-minute deal - so we now have 50 guests (48 adults, 2 kids) not including Col & I.

I wasn't as productive while Col was away as I had hoped to be, I got a few things done but it was mostly appts and girls nights... I am still happy to have crossed a couple things off:

COMPLETE:

• Dress alterations
  • Music chosen - Prelude Music, Bridal Party Entrance, Bride's Entrance, Document Signing Music, Recessional Song, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son (doing the same dance)
  • Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
  • Passport renewed
  • Groommen's suits sent to UK for tailoring
  • Wedding wishes & marriage application sent to WC - sent updated Guestlist with new guests
  • Sent new bridesmaid's details to WC for marriage application
  • Confirmed ceremony and dinner details with WC
  • Confirmed photo package with photographer
  • Booked eyelash extension appt (thanks to @perianjay for her recommendation), mani, pedi, hair dye, & waxing appts before leaving
  • Card box
  • Painted table numbers
  • Ring box
  • Wedding day timeline
  • Centrepieces: vases, flowers & candles purchased
  • Bought garter and sticky boobs with weekend
  • Ties
  • Initial travel vaccines complete
  • Email to guests regarding wedding day attire etc sent out
  • Gift for new bridesmaid: Get engraved
  • Hair Trial
  • Beach Bags - my girlfriend dropped off at my place this weekend, they are perfect!
  • Received half of the phone cases (we split the order in 2 to avoid shipping costs and I'm still waiting on the second half to arrive... However, they are really great cases, durable, and I was able to fit my large iPhone 6 inside, punch in my code and access the camera while it was in the bag.  I got them on eBay from the seller chgogoby - lots of great reviews, free shipping and the bags cost 99cents for 2, but it does take a while to arrive, I ordered on Feb 17th.

post-281751-0-05172200-1459789306_thumb.jpg

• My new bridesmaid picked up her dress, tried it on, she looks amazing and she loved it!  She is having it only slightly altered and hemmed

IN PROGRESS:

• Cake Topper - waiting to it to arrive, need to prepare back-up
  • Welcome letter, I spy & social media signage almost complete - putting the last final touch and hoping to print this week
  • MC Script - need to write out
  • Seating Chart - this will be in progress until the week before, still working on a way to display
  • Clothing for Mexico - bought a couple dresses and a pair of bikini bottoms last weekend, so I'm good for swimsuits
  • Packing List - started writing & Pack!
  • Second round of vaccines the weekend before we leave, followed by the last round 4 months later - appointments booked
  • Tags for champagne bottles bubbles that will be put on the tables - "To fill the air with a little romance, Please blow these bubbles while we have our first dance" - Printing with welcome letter etc
  • Downloading Songs - I've decided to download 10-15 songs each night, hoping this strategy helps me get this done!
  • Col's suit alterations - he is bringing into a tailor near his work this week to have the vest altered
  • Tanning - 2 times a week
  • Confirm rehearsal ceremony timing and date with WC - communication with them is not the easiest

TO DO:

• Paper Fans - still deciding on these - Pushing this to the bottom of the to-do list and not too worried if it doesn't happen
  • Engraving - both our wedding bands and the flask - I'm having difficulty finding an engraver who will engrave tungsten and not charge an arm and a leg, might not engrave our bands at all or just do it when we get back... will bring the flask in this week/weekend to have engraved
  • Exchange currency
  • Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro, batteries for the walkie-talkies, an external charger, bug spray & sunscreen among other things
  • Timeline for photographer and specific shots, to print out pictures as examples as well
  • Assemble binder or correspondence for the WC
  • Thank you speeches
  • Back-up white dress for reception
  • Outfit for bachelorette - can I just say the girls are going all out for this, it's an all day and night thing and I have no clue what's happening except they are getting flower crowns for everyone to wear - I'm excited!
  • More shopping
  • Send an invite for the wedpics app to the guests who haven't already joined the weekend before we leave (April 16th)
  • Once songs are all downloaded, load onto Wedding DJ App

I laid everything out on my bed last night to show my friend and I was so happy how it is all coming together!  It really hit me last night how fast the date is approaching!

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

Haha thanks @@calgarybride2015 I love bright gym clothes and shoes. Pumps me up lol!

That's definitely one plus of having so much to do! Keeps me busy! I gave Col a to-do list yesterday, putting him to work! :)

• Like 1

18 Days until we say I DO, 11 Days until Mexico

I've been super busy since my last update, after meeting up with the lovely gta brides from here, we met up with a group of my friends from high school this weekend - they got us a cake, cards & gifts, special shots lol, it was such a fun night and an amazing way to celebrate with them since they won't be in Mexico with us.  Since then we've just been pushing through our to-do lists and Col's doing surprisingly well with his.  I can't believe how close we are!!!

COMPLETE:

• Dress alterations
  • Music chosen - Prelude Music, Bridal Party Entrance, Bride's Entrance, Document Signing Music, Recessional Song, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son (doing the same dance)
  • Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
  • Passport renewed
  • Groommen's suits sent to UK for tailoring
  • Wedding wishes & marriage application & Guest list sent to WC
  • Sent new bridesmaid's details to WC for marriage application
  • Confirmed ceremony and dinner details with WC
  • Confirmed photo package with photographer
  • Booked eyelash extension appt, mani, pedi, hair dye, & waxing appts before leaving
  • Card box
  • Painted table numbers
  • Ring box
  • Wedding day timeline
  • Centrepieces: vases, flowers & candles purchased
  • Bought garter and sticky boobs with weekend
  • Ties
  • Initial travel vaccines complete
  • Email to guests regarding wedding day attire etc sent out
  • Gift for new bridesmaid
  • Hair Trial
  • The remaining 40 beach bags have arrived, I need to meet my girlfriend this week or next to pick up They are in my possession and absolutely perfect
  • The remaining phone cases arrived last Friday - Phew!
  • I Spy - Printed

post-281751-0-22688300-1460511875_thumb.jpg

• Tags for champagne bottles bubbles - printed in both pink and silver.  Will be using mostly pink with 1-2 silver tags on each table (had a little smearing-printer mishap)

post-281751-0-58221100-1460512064_thumb.jpg

This was a practice tag, tried to tie them onto the bottles at first but they just slide right off.  We will be sticking onto the bottles when we get to the resort, but this is how I imagine them looking:

post-281751-0-60070000-1460512268_thumb.jpg

• Col's suit alterations - he picked up his tailored vest on Thursday
  • Paper Fans - my Mom randomly messaged me and asked if I wanted her to buy some paper fans! She ordered white paper fans and they arrived last week along with the foot jewellery she ordered
  • Engraved the bridesmaid flask gift with her name, "Bridesmaid" and "04.30.16"- It's hard to find someone to engrave Col's tungsten ring so we are going to leave this alone for now, can always do after the wedding if we really want to
  • Bought batteries for the walkie-talkies, an external charger, bug spray & sunscreen,& a selfie stick

IN PROGRESS:

• Welcome letter & social media signage complete - printing this week
  • MC Script - need to write out
  • Seating Chart - this will be in progress until the week before, still working on a way to display
  • Shopping - Clothing for Mexico, Back-up white dress for reception, Outfit for bachelorette
  • Tanning
  • Packing List - started writing
  • Downloading Songs - Everything has been downloaded except about 40% of the reception songs - Col and I are finishing this weekend and loading to the DJ Wedding App
  • Packing - I did a bunch of shopping for the little things we need while we're there and have been putting things I've come across aside so I can say I've officially started parking, will be taking out my summer clothes and packing more this weekend

TO DO:

• Exchange currency
  • Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro - Col is on the search
  • Timeline for photographer and specific shots, to print out pictures as examples as well
  • Assemble binder or correspondence for the WC
  • Send an invite for the wedpics app to the guests who haven't already joined - sending this weekend
  • Col to buy belt and cufflinks
  • Thank you speeches
  • Second round of travel vaccines this weekend
  • Waiting for Cake Topper to arrive - will prepare back-up next week if still not here

Can I also just say how amazing you girls are!  After all your offers to lend me your veils & hair pieces, @@Wafflesmom is shipping me the Wally Bag @ sent to her - Sisterhood of the travelling Wally Bag.  Honestly, you ladies have made this experience so incredible for me and this process would have been so different without you.  Thank you!  xoxoxo

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

Love the bubbles idea. Awe a great addition to the first dance. That's great your mom got you some fans :)

I got my self stick on groupon but I've seen them at Michaels. Man I wish I had one for our wedding now!! It won't be long now!!! Can't wait :)

• Like 2