Sign in to follow this  
KatieMcBride

Wedge Shoes Okay For Sand?

I'm having a HECK of a time trying to find wedding shoes.  I'm getting married on the beach and obviously don't want to wear heels.  The flats I've found ended up being out of stock and they are not re-ordering them.  It's a little more difficult for me, because I live in northern Canada with virtually no shopping, so I must do everything online.

I've come across these super cute wedges on David's Bridal, but am hesitant, as I've never walked in sand in wedges...I'm thinking it might not be good news? And to go with flats?
Input from brides please!!!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_rhinestone-embellished-low-wedge-sandal-afield2_shoes-all-shoes
  • Like 2

When I was a bridesmaid at a destination wedding, we all wore wedges for the beach ceremony. It was easy to walk in and none of us had any issues. Based on this, I've bought wedges for my wedding shoes. I'm 5'0" and wanted the height. Plus I wanted something I could wear for both the beach ceremony and the reception on a terrace.

Those shoes are gorgeous by the way and really well priced!

• Like 2

I was looking at the same shoes for my beach ceremony. I'm also 5 ft and don't want to feel super short in flats. I am about 30 minutes from a David's Bridal and was thinking of checking these and a few other pair they above on to check out how comfortable they are. I will let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love the shoes! They're so cute! I think they'd be great to walk in the sand but I do have to be honest and say I've never done it. Have you looked at the barefoot sandals that many of the brides are wearing? Some of them are gorgeous!

I had those wedges pinned (what a great sale price now!), but I was in a David's store and they didn't have them to try on. I ended up buying these: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_touch-of-nina-ankle-strap-wedge-sandals-vandi_shoes-bridal

My fingers are crossed that they will work in the sand! And I'm sure they will be fine on the wooden terrace. I'm 5'3" and fiance is 6'4" so wanted height rather than go with flats or barefoot sandals. 

BTW - I had to order my shoes from David's - while they had them in stock in the store, all of them were marked up with red dots for some reason. It took 10 weeks to get them! No big deal for me, as I have plenty of time before my wedding, but I was shocked. Don't they keep these things in stock somewhere in a warehouse? Not like they are custom made.

I too tried getting shoes from Davids but they didn't work well with my wide feet.  I ended up getting flip flops from Etsy, they have pink ribbon on them and a starfish between the toes.  Super cute! I'm thinking wedges would be no problem as far as walking in the sand with them!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Think I'll go ahead and order them then! I'm also 5'3 and my fiancee is 6'4 so I would like a bit of height (my dress is longer too, so any little bit of height will help)

If I fall while walking down the aisle, I will let all of you know, haha!

• Like 3

I'll let you know first as I think I'm about 1.5 months before you

• Like 2

You may find that stores like Aldo or Spring have similiar options. They have a wedding/prom type line. Just an idea to help with the search. Good luck. They style you want is gorgeous. And can be worn after too :)

• Like 3