Photo

String Lights/ Paper Lanterns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
  • 91 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hi everyone I am getting married at Secrets and was wondering if anyone brought string lights and paper lanterns with them and what the cost was for them to set it up. Also were they able to give you how long the space will be and if there will be outlets to plug them into and trees or posts to hang off of. 

#2 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
  • 91 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
  • LocationPA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

I just reached out to Secrets St. James/WO and got a response they quotes me $370 per string light so $740 in total to just set them up. In there extras book it lists the cost of getting the lighted paper lanterns as an extra as $370 total with them providing all of the lanterns and lights. I am trying to save money by bringing them my self and I know a lot of brides have done this. I don't understand why me bringing it results in the cost being double if I bought from them to set up. Does anyone have any advice? 

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

I don't know what the resort policies are but they can differ from one resort to the next. I've heard so many of the ladies here dealing with the costs over lighting and so on. It does seem sometimes like the resorts are just making it up as they go along. They work very hard at having their preferred vendors used.

Maybe one of the other ladies will chime in on the lighting. I've never used it and we aren't allowed to use it in the restaurant where we're going. I wish I could be more help.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

I did notice that most resorts price things uncomfortably high, but just high enough that it costs less to use them than to figure out an alternative.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users