2016 Brides Moon Palace Mexico

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#181 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:37 PM

@Wafflesmom My dad lives in Langley and turned 94 in May so between Doug's parents who are both 81 this year and my dad, we're making sure that we find a way every year to spend time with them. You never know how long they'll be around. Plus one of our kids is in Vancouver so we'll see him and my dad. Doug's parents are in NB so we literally have to go from one coast to the other! lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#182 STBMrsPowell

STBMrsPowell
  • 13 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 24, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

@Wafflesmom, Congratulations, everything looks wonderful and you are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in your dress!  Hope everything works for you...thanks for sharing!

STBMrsPowell :)

#183 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thank you very much for the kind words @STBMrsPowell ☺️

And congratulations to you as well! I see you're getting married at Moon Palace Jamaica. I've seen a few photos from there and they did an amazing job! It's such a beautiful resort. How's your wedding planning coming along?
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#184 STBMrsPowell

STBMrsPowell
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Ummm, early stages I suppose.  I am trying to make sure I don't start stressing over anything...I mean, after all, that's one of the benefits of a DW right? :)  I just met my wedding coordinator and am really ready to dive in.  We just signed our contract and are getting our guests booked.  I haven't had a chance to actually "coordinate" anything with the coordinator yet, so really, I'm just getting started.  Praying everything turns out like the vision I have in my head, lol.  My colors are chocolate, royal/cobalt blue and white.  I love calla lilies so I would really love for those to be used as the flower décor.  How has everything been with planning the décor in the complimentary package?  Did you end up going over budget for your extras?  Anything, you definitely could not do?  We're having fireworks added hopefully, so I'm excited about that.  BTW, love the shoes as well.  I'm thinking of going with blue BMs myself.

#185 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

@STBMrsPowell your colours sound beautifully elegant. I think the cobalt against the chocolate will look so sophisticated, then add the calla lilies, wow! Planning decor in the complimentary package wasn't too bad, as long as you have an idea of a vision for your wedding. The only thing that's really affecting our budget is the horrible Canadian dollar. When we first started planning, our dollar was higher and now it's at its lowest since 2004. Aside from that, I'd love a videographer but I don't think I can add to our budget at this point. The fireworks sounds great, they always look good in pics.

What I can tell you about early stage planning at Palace resorts is to ask for a complete list of ALL approved vendors. I think every bride has been told only certain vendors for certain things like DJ and decor, only to find out there are other vendors. Some are cheaper than others so definitely shop around. Also make sure you save email messages of decisions. I've had to rely on this when it comes to vendor fees (they were gonna charge me more but saved a previous email from my WC quoting less).

I love BM shoes. My sister in law wore blue jewelled ones for her wedding. They were gorgeous!

<p>event.png

#186 STBMrsPowell

STBMrsPowell
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:10 AM

Thanks, I love the colors I've chosen and according the vision I have I think it'll be beautiful.  I'm going for a serene, ethereal vibe.  And thanks for all the info!  I will be sure to save any and every correspondence with them and get a complete list of approved vendors.  I met my coordinator on Sept 14th and so far, I haven't heard anything else from her.  Did you encounter slow tat on your coordinator's responses?  Thanks again.

#187 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

@STBMrsPowell it sounds like you won't have a hard time achieving your ethereal vibe! I'm actually on my second coordinator since my first one moved to a different Palace Resort. So far, I've lucked out and both of them were quick to reply. My experience with my second coordinator was a bit rocky in that her response times started off slow but now she replies within 2 days. I know it can get frustrating but they work so many weddings and typically only get one day off. I'd say just be patient unless they're starting to completely ignore you. I've found that writing my email messages in point-form or numbered really helps. It is to the point and not too lengthy.

Did you have your meet and greet phone call with your coordinator or just meet her via email?

<p>event.png

#188 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

So I have been home sick for the last 4 days but today I got something in the mail that's made me feel better....I got our formal wedding invitations :D  As soon as we got engaged, Derrick's sister/my future SIL asked if she could make our wedding invitations. She makes cards for fun and I love all of her designs so of course I couldn't turn down her offer. My future MIL paid for all of the supplies including the card pockets, card stock, embossing powder, stamp and envelope. It was very generous of her. Back in July, my future SIL made two different versions for us to choose from. Right away, Der and I fell in love with one of them. So last month, my future SIL worked hard to finish all the invitations and today, I got them in the mail! I love them!!

Attached File  FullSizeRender.jpg   167.42KB   6 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1081.JPG   97.91KB   6 downloads

<p>event.png

#189 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

They're beautiful!!!! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#190 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Thanks @perianjay! We didn't really need the formal invitations but how could I turn down free invitations? Plus, it's a beautiful keepsake. We only made about 50 to send to grandparents and family from out of town.

<p>event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Moon Palace, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users