• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JessieL

JessieL
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Does anyone have any information about the lighting at any of the Moon Palace terrace's? We're having our reception at one in November at 6pm & I'm trying to figure out if the lamps they have surrounding the terrace's will put off enough light. I know it gets dark early that time of year in Mexico. But the prices I'm being quoted for lighting is outrageous (& outside my budget) so I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Any information would be appreciated!

#2 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

I've stayed there and i've seen that terrace at night. I've also seen a wedding happening on that terrace when I stayed there. I can say that it would probably be slightly dim if you don't get a few extra lights. You may be able to pull it off if you bring lots of lighting (votives etc) for the tables.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

Welcome to our forum community JessieL and Congrats on your Moon Palace wedding coming up!!!

We've captured numerous beautiful weddings there, and can assure you it will make a gorgeous backdrop for your photo memories as well :) Here are a few examples of what we're talking about......enoy!

....Moon Palace Wedding Album 1:

10864005_10153122561094487_4283491233577

....Moon Palace Wedding Album 2:

10904548_10153058072764487_8333880147207

10960290_10153058074174487_1506614105010

...Moon Palace Wedding Album 3:

1415241_10151930926689487_1675104903_o.j

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 SUREKHA

SUREKHA
    • 13 posts
      • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

This information would be helpful for me too, my wedding is in Ocrober.

We have now been moved to the Venado Terrace as the Caribbean Terrace is closing due to refurbishment works :(

The lighting is so expensive, we liked the lanterns and string lights but the need to put up structures plus the lights so will work out over budget for me too.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

x

#5 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
      • 948 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
      • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

Hi @SUREKHA I'm so sorry to hear that they've had to change your reception venue on you. I know it can be quite disappointing, especially if you've already had a vision of what your day will look like.

I've seen some photos of the Venado terrace on this forum and it was beautiful! Based on your post, did you say there's no structure to hang lights? If that's the case, there are lots of other options. @perianjay ran into this same problem and is now using the lanterns on bamboo fixtures. There's also hanging chandeliers if you prefer. Or you can always get the lighting options from a DJ if you choose to have one. Another idea may be to do the under table lights, and have a light up dance floor. You have plenty of options :)
      My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#6 pjay

pjay
      • 1,791 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
      • LocationToronto

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

@Wafflesmom is totally right. I went through Zuniga as a vendor and they had these arched bamboo poles that have two chinese lanterns hanging from them. I can't remember the exact price off the top of my head.. but it was a lot less and it required no poles to be installed. I basically have one beside each guest table (3 tables) and I have 4 of them to frame the "dance floor" area in the shape of a square. I rented a  hanging chandelier for above the head table. The chandeliers are quite a bit more than the bamboo poles which is why I am only renting one.

Lighting is definitely a necessity in most cases. I know that at Beach Palace, almost every single terrace they have available for the reception has no lighting. I felt super stressed about lighting when I first started planning, but now i'm happy I found a cheaper option. The string lights (for three strings + tensors) would've cost me $1000 USD if I did them. Lighting is now costing me half of that (including the chandelier). 

My planning thread :
      http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#7 SUREKHA

SUREKHA
      • 13 posts
        • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

My wedding coordinator did not give me a brochure or send me information on Zuniga, I will need to ask her for this.  Are they a preferred vendor also?

#8 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
        • 948 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
        • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

@SUREKHA unless they've changed this recently, there are three palace approved vendors for decor: Gama, zuniga and LatinAsia
        My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#9 LeoMax

LeoMax
        • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

Caribbean Terrace is closing due to refurbishment works :(

That's too bad. I was supposed to attend a wedding there in a few weeks. I guess that I will get a call about venue change soon.

#10 Ems85

Ems85
          • 22 posts
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

This information would be helpful for me too, my wedding is in Ocrober.
          We have now been moved to the Venado Terrace as the Caribbean Terrace is closing due to refurbishment works :(
          The lighting is so expensive, we liked the lanterns and string lights but the need to put up structures plus the lights so will work out over budget for me too.
          Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

x

Just to let you know they don't need to put up structures for the lanterns as they use the lamp posts which are already there to attach them to.Attached File  image.jpg   66.66KB   9 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users