Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:22 AM
Ps. Thanks to @deecol and @vancouverpetunia for their recent lists. There were a few things I had completely forgotten about until I glanced back at yours.
To Do List
- Select and purchase white short sleeved dress shirt for Mike and groomsmen
- Order and print seating chart once final numbers are confirmed
- Purchase table stand for seating chart
- Pay resort fee once wedding builder is 100% accurate
- Print table six table number (there was an issue with this print and etsy vendor corrected and resent)
- Purchase cake stand
- Purchase everyday summer clothes and shoes/sandals for Mexico
- Finish menu and print
- Purchase frame for Guestbook Map
- Select bridesmaids heels
- Create photo list
- Create MC list
- Email those saying a speech and kindly let them know how much time they are allotted
- Write vows
- Write thank you speech
- Purchase a few more bags of straws
- Select readings for symbolic ceremony
- Check that songs we've selected for ceremony and reception are in DJs library; if not email wedding designer songs to be downloaded; download any ceremony songs they do not have and bring on usb
- Finalize songs for ceremony, dances, cake cutting, etc.
- Purchase a bachelorette outfit
- Book limo to airport
- Remove stickers from tumblers and milk glasses
- Purchase more led tea lights
- Purchase gifts for MCs
- Finish purchasing groomsmen gifts
- Finish purchasing bridesmaids gifts
- Finish spray painting mason jars
- Finalize reception dinner table decor
- Purchase wedding day gift (watch) for Mike and purchase and write card
- Book lash extensions
- Purchase hair extensions
- Book final hair cut and colour
- Book nail appointment
- Exchange money
- Make a binder with correspondence with wedding designer and travel agent
- Continue collecting bridesmaids and moms hair and makeup inspiration photos and collect on iPad
- Finalize my wedding hair and makeup ideas
- Collect and print pictures of grandparents for table and for surprise bouquet charms
- Create and print seating chart for rehearsal dinner
- Let people know who is invited to rehearsal dinner
- Create and print welcome letter
- Order and attach tumbler stickers
- Order and attach maraca tags
- Purchase bachelorette gifts
- Draft final email for guests
- Update website with excursion information
- Create and print welcome letter for guests
- Purchase and start using teeth whitening
- Purchase or borrow travel steamer
- Pick up lights from Steph
- Create a day of emergency kit
- Purchase sticky bra and under garments
- Pick up fake layer of cake from Mum's friend
- Look into wed pics and decide whether or not to use it
- Purchase wedding day jewelry
- Receive parents gifts (hankies)
- If using Polaroid camera, purchase more Polaroids, create signage and plan for how this will be displayed
- Purchase pen for guestbook map to be signed with
- Purchase socks for Mike and groomsmen
- Email link to ustream to guests who aren't coming to Mexico
- Create and print wedding day timeline for Mike, myself, bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents
- Print some engagement photos and purchase more frames
- Coordinate who is bringing what and how to get it to them
- Purchase birthday cards and party hats for the three birthday guests the day after our wedding
- Get Mike's suit tailored
Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:32 PM
Etsy Vendor: WishDesignStudio
I dealt with Jean and he was always so quick to respond! He customized our stickers and sent the draft before I even paid.
This shop is more expensive than DavetDesigns but DavetDesigns couldn't customize to what I was looking for. I really wanted clear stickers and Jean was able to do that for me.
Here is the draft:
image.jpg 75.42KB 4 downloads
I ordered 12 blue, 12 red, 12 teal, 6 purple, 6 green and 6 orange. They should arrive in 6 to 10 business days.
Thanks to my wedding "sister" @Jasminr3803 for letting me use her design
Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:38 PM
@ashhtayy I'm finally catching up on your thread. I love your dress and the belt. So glad it worked out for you (finally!). You shower looked amazing. Your BMs and mum did a wonderful job All of your signage and flowers look amazing together. They match perfectly. Your list is amazing. It looks long, but it's lots of little things. You will start whittling it down in no time
- acw271011 likes this
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268
My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/
Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:09 PM
Socks for the groomsmen and Mike are off the list! They'll do the trick!
image.jpg 79.61KB 6 downloads
Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:08 PM
- Mike purchased one of his two white shirts. We need to visit another location as he and my brother bought the last two at that store.
- Cake stand is purchased. Another BDW bride is getting married three days after us at AF - she is bringing the cake stand for both of us to use and we will also both use the fake layer of cake my mum's friend is making.
- Purchased some summer clothes this weekend - two pairs of shorts and two new skirts!
- Selected bridesmaids heels!
- Created photo list and emailed to parents. Looks like we didn't miss any shots and are ready to share with our photographers.
- Set up a date to get together with our MCs to go over a timeline and little details.
- Emailed speakers regarding speeches and let them know we've allocated 30 minutes for their 5 speeches.
- Purchased three more bags of straws - all gold.
- Went through our song list and DJ song list and now know what needs to be downloaded. Still need to work on ceremony music but dinner and party music are done.
- My mum picked up the rest of our tea lights.
- Purchased "You are loved" makeup bags for my bridesmaids and they're in our wedding colours! Purchased earrings for the girls. Necklace and earrings will be wrapped in tissue and placed in the makeup bags for their day-of gift.
- Finished spray painting mason jars.
- Purchased Mike's day-of present - a Skagen watch; white face, cognac coloured band. Still searching for the perfect card.
Delegated Tasks lol
- Mum to look into limo to airport for myself, Mike, mum, dad & brother
- Mum to put together day of emergency kit
- Bridesmaid bringing her travel steamer; Mum to price out and purchase another one
- MOH to chalkboard draw welcome sign - I tried and it wasn't pretty. Bought easel and chalkboard this weekend; it's adorable!
If each day could be as productive as this weekend was we'll be ready in no time
Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:31 PM
If you want to borrow a travel steamer instead of buying one, I have mine that I bought for our wedding. It works great - just let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:27 PM
@krystalball Welcome back! Can't wait to read all about YOUR wedding! You're so sweet. My mum actually called tonight on her way home to say she picked one up. She said she wants one to keep so between hers and my bridesmaids I think we'll be okay. Really appreciate the offer though!
Not much to update other than:
- steamers taken care of
- hankies and tumbler stickers have cleared customs and are in Canada; hoping we get them this week!
Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:39 PM
image.jpg 107.98KB 5 downloads
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users