• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:52 PM

does anyone know if ALL riu resorts host a friday night beach party? i keep hearing about this and i'm really excited since my wedding is on a friday... but i'm just wondering if it's hotel specific?

#2 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

I am not too sure if they're at all RIUs but this website might be able to help you out, I haven't gone through all the info on it just yet! It seems to be a site dedicated to reviews on ALL The Riu's!
      ALL RIU RESORT Pictures, photos, information, virtual tours, maps, map, info, resort, puerto plata, punta cana, dominican republic, hotel, merengue, bachata, mambo, naiboa, taino, melao, bambu, palace macao, yucatan, picture, photo, tour, playacar, p
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

I know that the beach party is at the Riu Ocho Rios on Friday nights...but not sure about other Riu's.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Copita

Copita
        • 979 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

It's hotel-specific.
          I've been to a couple different Rius and don't ever remember seeing a beach party.

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoBride
            I'm not sure about other Riu's but I just got back from ROR last night and the beach party was not on Fridays any more! I was there over 2 weekends and both weekends the beach party was planned for Sat. night and both weekends it got cancelled once due to high winds and once due to rain. So please don't revolve your wedding events around this beach party because it may not happen or they could change the night again.
            YAY!!! I was hoping we wouldn't miss the beach party (our wedding & reception is on Friday)

MO!!! How the heck are you?!?! I can't wait to see those pics & hear more abotu your time there!

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

dang nabbit....double post

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MoBride
                I'm not sure about other Riu's but I just got back from ROR last night and the beach party was not on Fridays any more! I was there over 2 weekends and both weekends the beach party was planned for Sat. night and both weekends it got cancelled once due to high winds and once due to rain. So please don't revolve your wedding events around this beach party because it may not happen or they could change the night again.
                That's good to know because I was a little sad I was going to miss the beach party because my wedding is on a Friday.

#8 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

That completly messes me up. My wedding is Saturday, and I was hoping that the beach party would be on Friday as part of the welcome festivitsies. I guess I will just have to contact Chandalyn closer to the wedding to see when it is really scheduled. AGHH!!
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#9 hutchets

hutchets
                  • 195 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

As of now, 2011, the beach party is on Saturday nights.

Theresa
                    Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#10 ablj209

ablj209
                    • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

I stayed at the Riu Palace Punta Cana and the beach party was held by the Riu Bambu (next door).   It was one of the scheduled events by the animation club, so instead of having the theatre show (eg. Michael Jackson), everyone headed down to the beach for the party where they had music and a bar set up.  My husband and I walked along the boardwalk every night and passed this one night (can't remember which night it was held) when they were doing the kids party.  We chose to stay and watch the show at our hotel instead and didn't get to see the adult party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users