#1 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hi Brides!

I LOVE reading planning threads in my spare time.  I love that you brides want to share your stories and weddings with us and I feel like I'm a part of the planning process when I read them.  I learn so much from them and I love watching your wedding journey unfold.  (Hope I don't come off as creepy I'm just a fan).  

Anyways, I have a little over 4 months until my wedding and I've been looking forward to starting my own planning thread for so long.  My question is how far in advance of your wedding should you start your planning thread?

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Of course you need to do a thread!! Almost everyone does, and the ladies love to read them!!!

You can see that the timeline varies a lot from one bride to another. We're still 6 months out from our renewal, and I started just jotting ideas down. Some ladies start at a year out just to try and keep themselves organized. Others wait until their date is a bit closer. I would say it's entirely up to you and whatever you're comfortable with.

My guess would be start now. At four months out you're likely getting into the thick of the planning and as many brides to be have found, it does help to keep their thoughts all in one place as well as ask for opinions.

Go for it!! We'd love to read your story!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

Start whenever you want!  I can't imagine there are any rules.  The sharing process of this forum is what helps others and inspires.  There are some brides on this forum whose weddings are after mine but have progressed further in their planning than I have ...so it's amazing that I can read and get advice from them too. 

Start when you are ready! 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#4 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

You can start whenever! Some
Start them even after the wedding :). We sure love to read them! It honestly takes about an hour for me every day to make sure I'm caught up with everyone's planning hahah. It really helps to bounce off ideas with other girls and if you're like me and haven't been to a lot of weddings it also helps because I have no clue what I'm doing

I started mine about 4 or 5 months out. I just couldn't wait! Lol and most of the planning has been happening since then. it also keeps you accountable because you're like "I need to keep this thread alive, what do I need to do next?" Haha and then start checking things off your list :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TinkerSofi, 28 April 2015 - 11:08 AM.

event.png

#5 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Start now I need another one to stalk and creep out. Hahaha

I started mine in January and my wedding was April but people start whenever they feel they want to mostly start organizing their planning.

Now that my planning is over I still love reading everyone else's.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#6 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

@kcole123 I just finished creeping yours!  It's what made me ask this question lol.  I loved reading yours I felt like I could relate to you on so much! And your pictures were AMAZING!  Congrats on your wedding.  

I'll probably start mine soon.  I'm finding that I'm really getting into the thick of it now and I'm doing more planning now than I've done since I've started planning.

@TinkerSofi Thanks hun!  I was thinking that I should probably start it now as I feel like I've been doing a lot more planning since I hit the 5 month mark. I'm the first in my family to have a DW and I've never been to a DW before so I have no idea what I'm doing and reading other threads really does help.  

I'm going to creep your thread =p  

@veryvalentine Thanks for the advice hun!  Ever since I started visiting this form I was looking forward to starting a planning thread.  Since I've been finding I'm getting into the thick of planning I think now is an appropriate time to start.  Your wedding is coming up really soon!  I can't wait to be where you're at!  I'm definitely reading your planning thread.

@acw271011 Thanks hun!  You're so right!  I'm finding myself spending more and more time wedding planning and going crazy!  I've been waiting for the day to start mine!  I'll be starting it soon for sure.  I'm also going to look for your thread!  I love reading them. 

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#7 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Hey! definitely do one!  When I was in the planning process I read about every planning thread on this board!

I did mine about 3 months out, but some do them much earlier and some wait until after. Whatever suits your taste!

It was a great place to keep my thoughts in order and what I had to do, but also for advice and opinions on things I had done/was working on!   Also, you will meet a lot of the regular gals here thru them and form some great 'online' friendships :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#8 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Start one! I waivered and never did it and now I wish I had. I NEED FEEDBACK - or someone to tell me I'm not crazy - whatever :D Now I'm only 6 weeks out and I just don't have time to do it (mostly because of my work schedule PLUS the wedding), so I say start earlier than later.

Hi Brides!

I LOVE reading planning threads in my spare time.  I love that you brides want to share your stories and weddings with us and I feel like I'm a part of the planning process when I read them.  I learn so much from them and I love watching your wedding journey unfold.  (Hope I don't come off as creepy I'm just a fan).  

Anyways, I have a little over 4 months until my wedding and I've been looking forward to starting my own planning thread for so long.  My question is how far in advance of your wedding should you start your planning thread?

#9 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

There's no specific time, but I do think it depends on how much of a planner you are! I've seen some girls start thier's over a year in advance. I started mine about ten months out as well. Planning threads are a fantastic way to keep yourself organized while also sharing with other brides. I can say i've had a lot of help/ideas from planning threads and so grateful for each and every one of them. :)

Edited by perianjay, 29 April 2015 - 04:42 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#10 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:29 AM

I'm so excited to start my planning thread.  I noticed that some brides had issues posting and they spent a long time writing their posts too only to not have them get posted.  I'm writing mine on Word then I'll post it just so I don't have that issue.  My journey has been a long one so it's really long and I went into nitty gritty details too.    

event.png

My Planning Thread:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users