2016 Wedding At Cancun Mexico. Need Opinions On The Resorts!

2016 Brides Cancun Riviera Maya Locations

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kuoling

• 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

Hi all brides to be! I am very excited that I am going to have a destination wedding.  I just love the beach at Cancun after the visit last summer. Ocean water is just unreal...it's the most beautiful beach I've seen so far.  As you all know, planning is a long and tedious process and I am already being indecisive on the resorts. I have few resorts in mind and I would like to hear your opinions. Whether you heard, been or had a wedding at those resorts, please provide some insights! 
    I would like to have the ceremony on a terrace, gazebo or lawn (just not on the beach) with estimated guests 25-30. I haven't been to any of these resorts only done research.  
    1. Iberostar Cancun
    I know this is a big resorts and has a lot of amenities.  The room cost is reasonable.  However, the hotel seems older?  Also, I NEED WEDDING CONTACT for this hotel.  I emailed them for the wedding detail and got no response. Brides, please provide if you have their contact!
    2. Beach Palace 
    This is the smallest and most expensive of the 4 resorts.  Looks like a lot of people had/are going to have their weddings hold here. The sky terrace just looks amazing. 
    3. ME Cancun
    I actually couldn't find a lot of wedding information online for this resort.  Is there a reason why people don't have their weddings here? Hotel looks modern and nice.  I got wedding information from their sales agent and the wedding package looks reasonable. 
    4. Fiesta Americana Condesa 
    This looks like a big resort too, very comparable to Iberostar.  One thing concerns me is their food...they don't look like they have Asian restaurant onsite? Majority of my group, including me and my fiance are Asian, and it may be a problem if they don't serve Asian food at all :P .  
    We are planning to do a site visit in June. I would like to narrow down to 2 or 3 and really take a look.  Please help!! 
    If you happen to have pictures/info please send to me at kuolingchung@yahoo.com.  Thank you all!

#2 pjay

• 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

We are having ours at Beach Palace and extremely happy with our choice. We have been to the resort before and we love it there.. It is small, but that's sometimes a really good thing. We have stayed at the sister resort (Moon Palace) and it's MASSIVE..also a beautiful resort, but for the wedding we wanted something more intimate.. plus the beach at Beach Palace is perfect. We are getting married on the sky terrace and i'm really excited about it because I was a bit worried about the privacy if we were to be married directly on the beach. We are having 30 guests :) I can also say that Beach Palace probably has the best food out of any of the resorts i've stayed at in Mexico in the five times i've been to Cancun.

Edited by perianjay, 14 April 2015 - 10:28 AM.

My planning thread :

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,069 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Welcome to our forum community, kuoling and Congrats on your upcoming dw!!! 

Here's a link to some reviews of the resorts in our magnificent Mayan Riviera area: Mayan Riviera Resorts Reviews

Here are some visual reasons why it's such a popular choice for so many wedding couples......

....you can see more magical wedding "moments that matter" at this link: Cover Photos

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 jaspbri0317

• 79 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 13, 2018
      • Wedding Location:Curacao

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

following this post!

#5 TheBHolders

• 363 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
      • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

From your choices, I would say Beach Palace. The benefits Palace resorts gives wedding groups is phenomenal

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

#6 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

Congrats and welcome to the site!! You've definitely picked a good place to ask for opinions! You'll get a ton of them here and the ladies are always willing to share!

You have a pretty comprehensive list of resorts. There are reviews available here for all of them. Just go up to the top to resort reviews and you'll get both good and bad experiences, so good info to make your decision.

I can't stress strongly enough the value of having a good travel agent. They will become your new bestie as you go through your planning journey and will help you with your resort decision based on what you want, what you would like for your guests, the time of year, your price point and a whole lot of other factors. Absolutely Beach Palace is one that's favoured by brides here and it has good reviews, but a good travel agent will be the best person to help you out with what will likely be the biggest decision of your destination wedding!!

Good luck and happy planning!!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#7 Louisex82x

• 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Cancun

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

Congratulations on your wedding! I am also getting married in Cancun next year in June. I have just booked the Moon Palace and I am in the process of deciding on a venue for my wedding etc.

We chose the Moon Palace because the resort looks amazing and has brilliant reviews we also have two children who are 9 and 7 years and we wanted somewhere with lots going on for them aswell!

I am a bit disappointed as I have heard the beach there is not suppose to be great as there is lots of seaweed. We are now thinking of maybe the Tucan Gazebo!

Could anybody please advise me on how many working days you have to be in Cancun before you can marry I keep getting conflicting advice. In the paper work that the hotel have sent me it says 4 days although I have just emailed the to confirm because Thomsons and Thomas Cook have both said 5 days.

I look forward to hearing from all the Cancun 2016 Brides sharing advice and tips!

#8 KatieMcBride

• 122 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

^^ Are you doing a symoblic ceremony or a legal ceremony? Symoblic requires 2 business days,  legal requires 4 (for paper work and what not)  

We are just doing symoblic, as we want to avoid all the paper work and blood tests required in Mexico. We will get legally married in Canada.

#9 emmapalmer

• 64 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Occidental Grand Xcaret - Riviera Maya
      • LocationPhoenix

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

@kuoling . Giving my +1 for Iberostar.

I had guests that stayed and would not stop bragging about how beautiful the resort was.

Our perfect wedding in the Riviera Maya.

Date:                  01/15/2015

Resort:               Occidental Grand Xcaret - Riviera Maya, Mexico
      Guests:              70-80
      Package:           Custom

Dress:                David's Bridal
      Minister:             Family Friend

Photographer:    Decordova Photography ( www.decordova.ca )

#10 Louisex82x

• 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Cancun

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your reply.

We are planning a legal ceremony over there but I have been reading more about people getting married legally at home and then having a symbolic ceremony once in Mexico and didn't know you could even do that until recently.

Does it work out cheaper if you do it that way round or is it just the same?

I have spoken again to the hotel and they have confirmed that it is 3 full days!

When do you get married?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users