9 replies to this topic

#1 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Question we live in Texas and are planning on legally getting married 2 weeks before our wedding in cancun. I know texas only has 3 day waiting period after obtain license to get married. But how long after do we get the marriage certificate? What if we don't get it in time how do we prove to hotel that we were married so we qualify for the honeymoon package?

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Is there not a website for the court house or wherever you get your marriage license that you can check for information? I know nothing about the processes in Texas so can't help out, but maybe there is another bride to be here that can help. Or take a look and see if there is a website.

Good luck!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

We had our honeymoon at a different resort from our wedding.  We used the "symbolic certificate" at our honeymoon resort for the package - it was fine :)

#4 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

@misbosox - If you are getting married at the resort, even if symbolic, that should be sufficient for the honeymoon package. We are not bringing our marriage license; we just automatically get the honeymoon package. That would be crazy if you went through all of that with the resort and still had to show a legal marriage license!

#5 hellosassypants

hellosassypants
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

I live in Texas and we filed for our marriage license 2 weeks ago. You have a period of 90 days (from when you filed) to get legally married. We are doing a symbolic ceremony in Mexico (I call it a ring and vow exchange) and we are getting legally wed two days before we leave. I hope that helps!
Oh they also told me...the officiant (or whoever marries you guys) will mail in the marriage license. It said it should take a couple of business days for the courthouse to file your marriage license before they return it back to you.

N&C

April 17, 2015

Gran Caribe Real (Cancun, Mexico)

Including Bride & Groom: 22 guests (19 adults & 3 children)

#6 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
  • 134 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

How nice to see 2 other brides from Texas :) I just filed for our licencse. In my opinion (moved here about one year ago) Texas is very effecient so I am not too worried about the marriage license. Mexico has nvr mentioned having an actual document.. I nvr thought to ask that. I will def ask wedding coordinaotr and get it in writing. Good luck brides!

#7 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

Thank You my fellow TX brides!  @BecomingaRiggio what part of big D are you from?  We are in North FW near Keller.

#8 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
  • 134 posts
  • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

@misbosox Hi again. I am in North Dallas area, Addison to be exact. What resort at you at and when? We are picking up wedding license and hope to do the legal ceremony on may 1st at the courthouse

#9 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

@BecomingaRiggio We are getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun on June 23. We are doing our courthouse ceremony on June 5th. I know for the marriage licence there is a waiting period for getting married I think its 3 days after you get your licence then you can get married.

#10 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
  • 134 posts
  • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

We are picking up our on Friday then doing the courthouse the following Fri, May 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users