Sorry I've been so MIA on the forums lately. It's been a hectic and stressful couple of weeks. Sean and I went to PEI for a family wedding at the end of Oct and while we were gone I got some not so great news. My mom who has been dealing with a bunch of different health issues got the news that she will need to go on dialysis. We had a feeling that this would most likely be in the cards down the road but we really didn't think it would be happening this soon especially with the wedding only being 2 months away. We don't know exactly when it will happen and when she will have the surgery to get set up for it so we're in a bit of a holding pattern until then. It may get pushed until after the new year but even if it does I'm not sure if it is a good idea for her to travel before then. We have to talk to her doctors about it and make a decision. I'm pretty heartbroken about this. My mom and I are very close and beyond the fact that I of course want her there, this vacation would have been so good for her. Selfishly I really want her to be there but we'll have to see what is best for her health. We're both trying to stay positive in the meantime but it has been hard. With only 2 months left and a lot of little things to do I'm finding it very difficult to stay motivated to do it. I'm still so excited for the wedding but it's feeling really bittersweet at the moment. I definitely have moments of extreme guilt that we're having a destination wedding. Right now we're trying to create a plan B where we make the legal ceremony a little bigger than we initially planned so that she can be a part of that in case she can't make it to Mexico. We have a consultation with the surgeon on Thursday so we'll hopefully have a better idea at that point.
Our final payments are due on Fri Nov 6...although my TA told everyone that the deadline was last Friday so we basically have our numbers. We have 47 adults, 9 kids plus 4 adults off resort (including me and Sean). I'm very happy with our numbers - they are higher than I thought they would be but exactly how many my TA said to budget for (she's good!). We may have 2 more people replace two people who cancelled so we'll know by Friday if they are in or not.
I'm waiting to hear back from my WC at Karisma. I'm feeling a little anxious as my final payment for the resort is due on the 10th and I still have a lot of outstanding items to confirm. I've left her a voicemail today so hopefully she gets back to me soon!
I'm having a spa day with my maids of honour this sunday (while Sean's away on his PEI Bachelor weekend -yes, he's going back even though we were just there last week.). We're going to finish putting together my welcome bags. I still need to finish our paper products but I need to confirm details with my WC so we'll see if I can get that done by the weekend.
My bachelorette party is now set for the last weekend in Nov and I'm going away with my bridesmaids to Niagara Falls. We're going to do some shopping, a spa day and some partying! It should be fun!
Those are all the updates so far! Fingers crossed that my mom starts feeling better and that she'll be able to come to the wedding.