• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi Everyone! I booked the Styling Trio for my wedding next year.  Would they be considered an outside vendor? Even though they aren't really part of the wedding (ie: photographer, DJ, etc)? I'm worried the Riu will charge me $350 to have them come do my hair...that's a little ridiculous and I don't want to get my hair done at the spa there...

#2 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

Everyone I've talked to, including my resort (I just had them a week ago) considers them an outside vendor. If you take business away from the resort (in this case-the hotel spa/salon) you'll most likely get charged the fee. You can try negotiating with your wedding planner!

#3 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

Gahhh I was afraid that would be the answer! haha thank you! I will try to see if I can get an exception made.

#4 jsparrow10

jsparrow10
  • Site Supporter
  • 116 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan
  • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

They are considered an outside vendor and then you usually have to pay for day passes for each person on top of that. I am also using Styling Trio and we're next door to the Riu at Iberostar and we are going to their salon since they are close. I believe she said like 7 minutes away. You might want to consider that if you are comfortable. They are pretty strict with outside vendors since you are taking money away from the resort. 

#5 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
  • Vendor
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

yes they are an outside vendor and will charge you the outside vendor fee, Adrian told me he are hiring a place close so people can go out, get things done in their salon and get back to their hotels, check with him that option

By the way 350US for an outside vendor is a deal, Karisma and Iberostar charges 1,000us!!!

#6 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
    • 122 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

$1000?!?!?! Omg...I thought $350 was bad...I will email them and see if there is a place I can go to get my hair done, instead of them coming on to the resort, as I REALLY want them to do my hair and makeup for the wedding.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

#7 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
    • 122 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

Riu told me it's $250. I gave it some thought and the money is worth it to me. This isn't a Christmas party or birthday party. It's my WEDDING so I'm going to splurge. :D

#8 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

MarieSamSanchezPhoto
    • Moderators
    • 123 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

If there is ever a reason to splurge, it is your wedding  ;)

MARIESAM SANCHEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
      BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
      CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

063cb5c8-dbda-4822-87fe-ba3c0ebcdb7f.jpg

#9 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

I'm booked with Styling Trio too, and yes they are absolutely an outside vendor. Azul Fives charges $800 for each one, then I've heard you also have to pay for a day pass.

I"m going into their salon too. Just much easier.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#10 penchauv

penchauv
      • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hi Everyone! I booked the Styling Trio for my wedding next year.  Would they be considered an outside vendor? Even though they aren't really part of the wedding (ie: photographer, DJ, etc)? I'm worried the Riu will charge me $350 to have them come do my hair...that's a little ridiculous and I don't want to get my hair done at the spa there...

I am getting married at Riu palace peninsula, right beside caribe. I am thinking I might try out their salon earlier in the week for a trial run. If I don't like it, I guess I'll do my OWN hair and makeup. The guests who I've invited and I thought would help me......I don't think they are coming to the wedding. But I'm not going to bring in an outside vendor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users