TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

attachicon.gif2015-03-28 09.45.55.jpg
@TinkerSofi
I plan on going to the post office today. I'll let you know when they are in the mail :)

Excellent! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#212 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

As promised, some pictures of the shoes. Now that I got to see them more and try them with the dress I'm not so sure they go with it :(. Agh, I don't know what to do. They don't look awful, but I just don't know, the ones that were nicer and more along the lines of what I had in mind, were either $700 or they were too high for my comfort. I swear my indecision will kill me one of these days.

I might just order a pair from David's bridal online and see. I don't think I'll return the ones from Nordstrom because I still love them and I'll use them anyway. 

These are the ones I got. They're kind of a gold silvery color: 

IMG_1506_zpsg6n0au4h.jpg

IMG_1507_zpsdhxnyo8j.jpg

And these were the ones I had seen on David's Bridal website. Definitely more bridalish, but I don't think I'd be able to wear these again: 

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-28%20at%209.35.4Screen%20Shot%202015-03-28%20at%209.36.2

What do you guys think? Please be honest. 

Mom of the Bride Dress

Today I also went with my mom to pick out her dress!! I had been telling her for months that we needed to do this because she would probably need to order something, but she wanted to lose some weight before trying anything on and said she would otherwise just get something at the mall. We had searched all the malls for some party dresses but we didn't like anything. They were great if she was a guest, but they were too simple for the mother of the bride.

We went into a bridal store, and of course, the lady said that even if we ordered a dress super rushed it would arrive on July 28, leaving only a week to get any alterations needed. Eep!  :wacko:. That meant that she needed to buy off the rack if she was going to get anything there. She was sure that she wanted a short dress and she picked a bunch out, but then as I was scoping around I found this long light grey chiffon dress with a cowl neck. She tried it on and it looked beautiful on her! It gave her a really nice hourglass figure and it was the perfect size with only some minor alterations needed (just a hem and shortening of the straps). She kept going back and forth with other dresses but she ended up buying the grey one!  :D

I believe this is the dress, but in my opinion it looks much better on my mom, and not because I'm biased haha. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-28%20at%209.57.3

Juan's suit also came in last night but he hasn't picked it up yet. I have a feeling he won't let me see it on until the wedding hahah  <_<. He's just very bitter that he can't see my dress but I could help him pick out his suit lol  :rolleyes:

event.png

#213 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:53 AM

I like the shoes from Notdstrom best and agree, You could definately wear those again. What didn't you think went with your dress? The color? The style? Also remember most people won't even see your shoes. I think I have one picture you can truly see my sandals and that's cause I had my dress pulled up. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 29 March 2015 - 05:53 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#214 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

I love the one's from Nordstrom! I think they look great and it's fantastic that you would be able to wear them again. I think you're right about the David's Bridal shoes.. they are very bridal, but you probably won't get much use of them after. I love the idea of the metallic shoes.. I'm doing metallic shoes under my dress. I think it's a nice contrast to the wedding dress :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#215 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

@calgarybride2015 @perianjay thanks ladies! I totally love metallic shoes as well and I love a bit of bling but didn't want actual rhinestones or anything so they wouldn't snag my dress. I guess the shoes were totally different from what I was expecting. I had more strappy heels in mind, but when I put these on I loved them. I need to learn to trust my decisions and stick to my guns. It's so frustrating to be so indecisive. 

The other plus is that they're quite high without being too uncomfortable, which means I need to cut off a smaller portion of my dress ;) haha

event.png

#216 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

@TinkerSofi the shoes you got from Nordstrom are beautiful! They are more versatile in colour so you can definitely wear them again. I'm not sure if you want to do this but perhaps you can post a photo of you wearing the dress with shoes. Then maybe we can see wgat you're saying about how it doesn't quite go. You may also have had a vision of what your shoes were supposed to look like (white and bridal) and that image in your head is throwing you off. Anything goes with shoes now, it's whatever you as the bride are happiest wearing should be worn

Another option is ordering one of the David's bridal shoes to compare, can you return any of the shoes? I like the heeled non-wedge better but they both look nice.

And your mom's dress is beautiful, so glad you averted crisis mode if she didn't find a dress off the rack.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#217 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

@TinkerSofi the shoes you got from Nordstrom are beautiful! They are more versatile in colour so you can definitely wear them again. I'm not sure if you want to do this but perhaps you can post a photo of you wearing the dress with shoes. Then maybe we can see wgat you're saying about how it doesn't quite go. You may also have had a vision of what your shoes were supposed to look like (white and bridal) and that image in your head is throwing you off. Anything goes with shoes now, it's whatever you as the bride are happiest wearing should be worn

Another option is ordering one of the David's bridal shoes to compare, can you return any of the shoes? I like the heeled non-wedge better but they both look nice.

And your mom's dress is beautiful, so glad you averted crisis mode if she didn't find a dress off the rack.

I think I'll stick with the Nordstrom ones. Like you said, anything pretty much goes and I could have totally gotten colored shoes if I wanted. No one will see them anyway haha. I do love these shoes and just like I did with my dress, I need to trust myself that I picked them for a reason :). I'm just silly sometimes  :rolleyes:

They do have rubber soles, which will be hard to dance salsa in (our first dance), so I will probably get some ballroom shoes for that :) so I don't embarrass myself in front of everyone haha. They are usually pretty cheap online and I will wear them again for sure when we go out salsa dancing :) 

event.png

#218 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Yes, trust yourself more often. Everything you've chosen for your wedding, whether it be your wedding dress, or even your jewellery, they have all been beautiful and shows you have excellent taste!

And salsa for your first dance? I wish my fiancé knew how to dance, or even liked it a little bit!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#219 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yes, trust yourself more often. Everything you've chosen for your wedding, whether it be your wedding dress, or even your jewellery, they have all been beautiful and shows you have excellent taste!

And salsa for your first dance? I wish my fiancé knew how to dance, or even liked it a little bit!

I definitely like it more than my fiance but I've been dancing since I learned to walk pretty much haha, or so my mom says :). I'm just glad that he plays along and he wants to learn with me :)

My fiance says the same thing, he doesn't know why I hesitate so much when I make a decision. I didn't use to be like that but then a few things happened where I made some big decisions that I regretted, now I have this constant fear of everything I decide, even the small insignificant things. I should probably get some therapy :P

event.png

#220 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

I think that you should go with your gut. I love the first shoes. They are still pretty strappy looking to me. Maybe it is the width of the straps that is throwing you off a bit? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users