Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

I feel the same way! I also think that i'm going to have the post wedding blues once all of the planning is done and over with. I have consumed too much of my time with it and I don't even know what i'm going to do after haha.

Ooo! A DIY bride robe.. I wish I was good at sewing. I'm excited to see if you go through with it!! :)

so far I've been just searching for patterns. I'm definitely a beginner at sewing so I won't be doing any silk robes or anything too out there. That would require much more experience than what I have and I'd end up super frustrated and with a total fail. I'll probably just do cotton with a cute pattern. The good thing is that then I get to use it around my house! This might be a total fail haha, I don't know yet, but I like dreaming

Your bags turned out AMAZING!!

Your creativity inspires my (little bit of) creativity.

I ended up going to Michael's yesterday and purchasing the paint pen that you suggested, and an extra bag to practice on. I am glad I didnt end up picking up the Martha Stewart stencil plastic. I swear I spent 10 mins in the aisle looking at all the stencil crap she has for sale. I decided I was too cheap and planned on using card stock for the practice bag and figured I would go from there.  I also never thought to steam them out. It didnt even cross my mind, even though they are folded into little squares. 

Sean and I were talking about stencil ideas again yesterday, and I really just want to use a word or phrase, and he is very artsy and wants to put detail into it. Which I admire about him, but I just kept thinking it would be a lot of work, and I kept picturing myself getting very frustrated with painting a detailed stencil on the bag. Anyway, I just showed him your bags and he loves them! You are my hero! LOL   

Thanks for sharing with me. 

• Like 1

Your bags turned out AMAZING!!

Your creativity inspires my (little bit of) creativity.

I ended up going to Michael's yesterday and purchasing the paint pen that you suggested, and an extra bag to practice on. I am glad I didnt end up picking up the Martha Stewart stencil plastic. I swear I spent 10 mins in the aisle looking at all the stencil crap she has for sale. I decided I was too cheap and planned on using card stock for the practice bag and figured I would go from there.  I also never thought to steam them out. It didnt even cross my mind, even though they are folded into little squares. 

Sean and I were talking about stencil ideas again yesterday, and I really just want to use a word or phrase, and he is very artsy and wants to put detail into it. Which I admire about him, but I just kept thinking it would be a lot of work, and I kept picturing myself getting very frustrated with painting a detailed stencil on the bag. Anyway, I just showed him your bags and he loves them! You are my hero! LOL   

Thanks for sharing with me. 

I'm glad it helped and I feel flattered that someone who is into art liked my bags, since I can't draw to save my life and I don't consider myself very artsy haha. If you want to keep them relatively quick, I would recommend going simple on the stencil for sure. I guess it would be easier with the cardstock stencil to go into more detail because you don't have to worry as much about setting the stencil perfectly. Even mine take about 5-10 minutes each to paint all the letters by going through them twice (this is after setting the stencil), just to give you an idea.

Another tip, when painting, put a blank sheet of paper inside the bag so that when the paint bleeds a bit it won't go on the other side of the bag :)

I'm going to go and grab some more of those pens. I had two, but I kind of used one when I was playing around with the idea of tags on tumblers, and then over christmas to block out prices on tags bahaha, so it pretty much run out already. 

I cant draw at all either. I dread teaching art. I once had a class laugh at me. LOL  With Sean I have already asked him to get thinking about a future baby room, although that isnt for at least a year from now. LOL 

I did not realize how many types of paint pens are out there until I was in Michael's yesterday. I ended up with 3 in my hand before I got into line to pay. Then I found the ones that I think you are talking about, at the register and decided to pick that one.  The cashier laughed at me when I asked her if I could leave the other 3 behind. 

Thank god for the 40% off coupon though. 

• Like 1

I need your opinion guys, especially from those who have children. Our hotel offers us the choice of having kids dine for free for our wedding by choosing an item from the kid's menu, or pay half of the menu price for them to have access to the buffet. I'm not sure what to do, they're pretty small so I think paying for them to have access to the buffet is an overkill but I also don't want to look cheap haha. Maybe the kid's ages will help, they're 4, 1 and 9 months. 

I can't seem to be able to attach the menu, but basically I can choose from things like cheese and tomato pizza, Mac and cheese, cheeseburger, hot dog, pasta, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets. and they all come with vegetables, fruit or fries. Then they get dessert like a brownie, cheesecake or ice cream. 

I know parents will probably share a bite or two from their plate with their kids anyway and who's going to say anything haha, but do you think it would look bad if I chose from the kids menu for them? I really don't know how much kids eat and if they would prefer to eat the stuff on the regular buffet :(. If I was a kid I'd go with the burger or pizza and fries haha, but that's just me :P

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi I think most kids will want to choose something from the kids menu. I showed my fiance the kid's menu and he half jokingly wanted to order off of it too. LOL! I think it offers a good variety for what kids like to eat. I also like that the meals come with a choice of fruit, veggies or fries as well as a choice of dessert. I'm doing a 3 course plated menu and having the kids order from the kid's menu.  I posted the kid's menu on our private facebook group for the wedding and all of the parents are very excited about it.  :) Hope that helps.

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi I think most kids will want to choose something from the kids menu. I showed my fiance the kid's menu and he half jokingly wanted to order off of it too. LOL! I think it offers a good variety for what kids like to eat. I also like that the meals come with a choice of fruit, veggies or fries as well as a choice of dessert. I'm doing a 3 course plated menu and having the kids order from the kid's menu. I posted the kid's menu on our private facebook group for the wedding and all of the parents are very excited about it. :) Hope that helps.

Excellent! Yeah I thought they had really good stuff in there! I want the ice cream! Haha.

I wanted to ask my WC but maybe you have the answer and it will be a lot quicker haha. Do we have to pick one item for all the kids or can each of them pick what they want. Also do we have to pick ahead of time or can it be done at the wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi I had the exact same questions. The kids can pick and choose (they do no all have to order the same thing) and they can choose at the reception. You have the option of selecting the meal ahead of time but it is not necessary. I decided to leave it up to the kids and the parents on the night of. I know how much my niece flip flops on what she wants depending on her mood so I think leaving it open is probably for the best.  ;)

@@TinkerSofi I had the exact same questions. The kids can pick and choose (they do no all have to order the same thing) and they can choose at the reception. You have the option of selecting the meal ahead of time but it is not necessary. I decided to leave it up to the kids and the parents on the night of. I know how much my niece flip flops on what she wants depending on her mood so I think leaving it open is probably for the best. ;)

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I didn't want to choose one thing for all kids. And I flip flop around as to what I want haha so I can't even imagine kids! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2