18 replies to this topic

#1 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

I currently am helping my friend with her upcoming wedding at Dreams Riveria Maya this Sept. While also slowly planning my Riveria Maya wedding for next Fall. We've been looking at photographers and nothing is working into our budget. Everyone is stating 3K and up. Anyone know of great photographers to hire for much lower budget who can still give us great pictures ?

Edited by racht33, 06 February 2015 - 11:51 AM.

57 Guest

#2 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Dean Sanderson, is very nice and affordable, but Adventure Photos at Dreams is excellent too. If you have an outside photog though you will get charged a vendor fee (Dreams is $300)

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Don't know what your budget is but there are several photographers that I looked into that are below the $3k mark and they're photos are beautiful! It will depend on how much time you want as well. Look through the vendor review section here under photographers and it will give you an idea of who to contact. Look at their websites and email them for pricing info. Most of the ladies here find someone who's style works with what they want.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

@nattiegams325 are tese photographers that are on the preferred list for Dream ? Or just work for them ? I dont believe she has gotten a list and will be asking for one to work off that.

Thank you both for the info!! We will continue the search :)

57 Guest

#5 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

@racht33 the only vendor for photog for dreams is adventure photos. Anyone else gets the external vendor fee

#6 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

MarieSamSanchezPhoto
  • Moderators
  • 123 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:40 AM

I currently am helping my friend with her upcoming wedding at Dreams Riveria Maya this Sept. While also slowly planning my Riveria Maya wedding for next Fall. We've been looking at photographers and nothing is working into our budget. Everyone is stating 3K and up. Anyone know of great photographers to hire for much lower budget who can still give us great pictures ?

Fortunately, there are photographers these days for nearly almost every budget. I think the first thing is finding a photographer whose style you love, then reaching out to them for a quote. Definitely utilize the vendor sections on this site and take a look at the reviews and recommendations. Cancun/Riviera Maya has tons of awesome photographers for various price point ranges.

Another option is to reach out to a photographer that might be local to you or located in the US. Plenty of brides, including myself, have actually hired a photographer to travel to their destination and photograph their wedding. Sometimes this actually becomes economically feasible if the photographer is willing to work with your budget. It's just a matter of finding the one that fits your needs.

Good luck!  ;)

MARIESAM SANCHEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
    BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
    CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

063cb5c8-dbda-4822-87fe-ba3c0ebcdb7f.jpg

#7 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:00 AM

Try Lancelotti Photography. I'm using them for my wedding in December and his prices are really great especially for the quality of photos he produces. I did a TON of research because I ran into the exact same issue. Although beautiful, some photographers were extremely expensive and I also have to pay a vendor fee just to have a photographer.. so it wasn't really an option to spend 3K plus a vendor fee. I've heard great reviews about Lancelotti and he's been amazing so far at getting back to me and he's also very open to my vision. I told him i'd like to show him the photography shots I found on Pinterest for inspiration and he said he encourages it!

I'm sure he would travel to Mayan Riviera.. Cancun and Mayan are very close.

My planning thread :
    http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#8 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

There are a good handful of photographers in the Mayan that come in under $2500. I did a lot of research myself.

I ended up going with Perla Brambila / Adventure Photos (my resort's photographer) but if you want some recommendations I would suggest (in addition to the ones above) Samual Luna, Bohemia Photography, Dean Sanderson. 

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#9 racht33

racht33
    • 234 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

Thank you so much ladies!!! All this addtional Info has been a big help! :)

57 Guest

#10 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Thank you so much ladies!!! All this addtional Info has been a big help! :)

No worries. Good Luck!

My planning thread :
    http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users