Photo

Azul Fives Bride Looking For Photography Guidance !

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Teg07

Teg07
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Hi Fellow brides ...still trying to figure out the ins And outs of the forum But so far I'm hooked. I'm booked at Azul Fives for a sky deck wedding on October 7th2015. Trying to decide on photography options but feeling lost. Do any past brides have any comments about the approved Karisma photographers Caribe & Matais Cano?
I see from the Azul Fives 2015 brides forum that many have chosen outside vendors. Can anyone share their experience searching for and booking an outside photographer ?

#2 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

We decided to go with an outside photographer because we found a better deal than the approved photographers, that's even considering the $800 outside vendor fee. I think the main thing is to look for different photographers and their work, see what kind of style you like better and then start asking for quotes. It is kind of time consuming and it's always a trade off between what you like and what you can/are willing to pay. 

We booked Octavio Montes and the booking process was really easy. We paid our deposit for photos and video with Paypal and he was always super responsive. In hindsight I would have asked some more questions before booking but I really don't regret my decision. There's some really good questions to ask here under booking a photographer: 

http://www.buzzfeed....qpkk#.yirKWJ29n

event.png

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

Welcome to the boards, Teg07, and Congrats on your upcoming Azul Fives Wedding!!!

The last we heard from Azul Fives was that they required the photography team to have day passes to enter the resort and photograph the wedding. However, it's best to confirm with your wedding coordinator what their latest requirement is, to ensure you have the latest info.

Have you considered adding a Cenote TTD to your photography record? It's been a highlight for many of our wedding couples, so could be something to consider.

Here's a visual to inspire you further...with more at this link: Cover Photos...enjoy!!!

10931505_10153038436459487_8294167073024

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans, cheers! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 02 February 2015 - 07:58 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
    • 948 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
    • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the link @TinkerSofi! In hindsight I should have asked those questions too but I got excited lol. No regrets for me as well
    My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#5 Teg07

Teg07
    • 18 posts
    • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

We decided to go with an outside photographer because we found a better deal than the approved photographers, that's even considering the $800 outside vendor fee. I think the main thing is to look for different photographers and their work, see what kind of style you like better and then start asking for quotes. It is kind of time consuming and it's always a trade off between what you like and what you can/are willing to pay. 

We booked Octavio Montes and the booking process was really easy. We paid our deposit for photos and video with Paypal and he was always super responsive. In hindsight I would have asked some more questions before booking but I really don't regret my decision. There's some really good questions to ask here under booking a photographer: 

http://www.buzzfeed....qpkk#.yirKWJ29n

Thank you for your feedback. We are thinking that outside might be the way to go to get what we love at price that makes sense. It definitely is a process but we think we might like to work with Pixan photography. Ive been in contact with them and so far so good and I have found great reviews.

The article you posted is wonderful....so much useful info!

next question for you ......did you get flowers from Lomas ? I'm debating between doing silk and bringing my own bouquets.

#6 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

@Teg07 I really wish I had come across that article sooner! haha. 

I'm only getting my bouquet from Lomas and we're bringing everything else from here. I just couldn't make it past their prices, they're way too high for just flowers. 

event.png

#7 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

We've just confirmed with Samuel Luna. His work is gorgeous and I think for what he offers his prices are good.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#8 Teg07

Teg07
    • 18 posts
    • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

@TinkerSofi I fully agree about the prices ......it's just too much. I'm planning an at home reception 2 weeks after we return so I figure I will use real flowers then at a fraction of the cost.
    I like the idea of just buying the brides bouquets from Lomas and bringing the rest. I only have 3 bridesmaids so it won't be much to travel with.
    How are you planning to decorate for your ceremony? I'm guessing your are bringing most with you?

#9 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

I have two bridesmaids and fiancé has his two sisters on his side so I need four little bouquets which I bought at Michael's. I'm paying for their vintage elegance decor for the tables so I'm just bringing the centerpieces (I attached a picture of how they'd look) the little blue round thing is a filled cookie, our favor, which we will put inside the boxes.

Then I'll have some extra decor for the guest book table but I will keep it simple. And I bought some pomanders the other day at Michael's for the aisle for the ceremony and that's pretty much all I'm bringing in terms of decor. I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the pomanders. Maybe I should start a planning thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha forgot the pictures. I also attached one of what our sweetheart table will look like but you have to use your imagination a bit for that one haha [Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423373043.638554.jpg   271.09KB   6 downloadsattachment=30545:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423372951.298974.jpg]Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423372970.382511.jpg   276.19KB   6 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files

event.png

#10 Teg07

Teg07
    • 18 posts
    • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

@TinkerSofi - The tables look wonderful ! My cousin used those lanterns from ikea at her wedding and I have it as a momento. :)
    As for the flowers ...they also look great. I'm impressed with how real they look . I'm going to check out Michaels myself this week to see what they have.
    Seeing all your stuff makes me feel excited .....You should definitely start a planning thread :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users