Restaurant In South Cancun/north Riviera Maya That Could Host Wedding?

Hi there!

We booked a wedding with all of our guests at the Royalton Riviera Cancun and are having an awful time with the planning as they are nickel and diming us for everything.  It's difficult and not what we expected.

We'd like to rent out a restaurant and try to have a ceremony/reception there, but are unsure where to go?!?

Wishlist:

1. Within a half hour drive of Royalton Riviera Cancun

2. Ability to possibly rent out to a party of 55-70

3. Preferably a rustic feel..nothing modern!

Hoping somebody has a suggestion for me, thank you!

Jenn

OOOOOOO!!!

I have the perfect one. Check out Blue Venado Beach Club. That's where I got married.. I have my planning thread on the planning board forum and my wedding review. They were fantastic!

Only thing is they are on the south end of PDC.. so it would be about 45 minutes to get your guests there.

Edited by Mrsktobe
  • Like 1

There are a few nice restaurants right in Playa del Carmen. Have you considered any of them? I'm not sure where the Royalton is in terms of PDC. We're using a really nice one called Casa del Agua that has a rooftop terrace. There is another one that I considered too but can't think of the name right off. Could get it later if you're interested. Unfortunately it's a common theme here as to costs and I think it takes people by surprise. They do charge for pretty much everything.

I almost forgot. There is also Grand Coral Beach Club. They have a beautiful setting if you want a beach wedding. Very private and a beautiful terrace for your reception.

• Like 1

Hi there!

We booked a wedding with all of our guests at the Royalton Riviera Cancun and are having an awful time with the planning as they are nickel and diming us for everything.  It's difficult and not what we expected.

We'd like to rent out a restaurant and try to have a ceremony/reception there, but are unsure where to go?!?

Wishlist:

1. Within a half hour drive of Royalton Riviera Cancun

2. Ability to possibly rent out to a party of 55-70

3. Preferably a rustic feel..nothing modern!

Hoping somebody has a suggestion for me, thank you!

Jenn

Hello Jenn,

We are wedding planners in the Area and can suggest a few restaurant/ locations  that can accommodate your requests. Feel free to email us and we will be happy to help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@@jrobbins3 Did you have any luck with this? I'm preparing to book with RRC as well, and also considering taking the dinner and reception off resort.

That's what we ended up doing. Nothing was working with Azul fives. They're online system let me book a venue that was already reserved and it just went down hill from there. There is Blue Venado that has a thread on here and a very recent wedding. Take a look. From what I understand it was quite reasonable. we're doing a restaurant dinner after our renewal and I'm so happy we ended up going that route! And Joyce is amazing with the planning!!!!!
  • Like 1

I'm exploring the option of ceremony at the resort, dinner/reception elsewhere. I checked out the Blue Venado thread and website. Is there any other place that is a little lower key?

Hey JoannaBanana,

The good thing about the Riviera Maya, is that it offers you plenty of options, some location can even allow you to put together a menu as per your requests.  low key means many things.   please feel free to email us we can certainly help with sending you different options.

Happy Planning!

• Like 1

@@JoannaBanana you can start a private conversation with her if you like by clicking on the little while envelope at the top and keying in her user name here.

Her email is weddingsinplayadelcarmen@@gmail.com

I'm so happy we have her, especially after the fiasco with Azul Fives. Don't get me wrong - I love the resort and we're still going to stay there but for a really small, small group for a wedding it was like they just didn't care. It was roadblocks all the way!

• Like 2