So I've asked around on this site a little, and I'm a bit freaked out that there don't seem to be any recent brides at my resort....hopefully that's not a sign!!!
I think I'm in good shape planning-wise. I have:
1. date and venue
2. wedding website
3. travel agent
5. wedding dress
6. color scheme
7. DJ (by that, I mean my ipod )
8. Wedding party outfits selected
9. save the dates sent out in April (1 year out)
10. invitations designed, but not ordered
11. approximately 1/2 of our guests have put down their deposits.
Right now, I'm really just trying to get an idea of what I want to do for decorations (i.e., what I can afford), and starting to look for Welcome Bags. I'm getting married at the end of a long pier over the water, and I want to create some sort of backdrop. I saw a DIY for making some hanging clay garlands that I like, but I don't want to block too much of the ocean view, and I worry about getting it down to Mexico without becoming a big tangled mess. Thoughts?