Photo

Hair Trade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:25 AM

My FI sells Hair Shears and we are offering a local stylist a barter type situation and he is offering up a set of shears for my wedding day hair do. This will include a trial, my hair, my moms, and two MOH. What I am wondering is when should we start picking this person? He can start asking stylist who are interested in a shear but can't swing it just yet. I think it is a great offer but my stylist just bought shears so she isn't interested. We really can't afford to pay for my hair so this is the plan.

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

Sorry but what are hair shears? Are they fancy hair cutting instruments...?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:38 AM

Yeah it just what we call scissors. Hair Scissors. Girls can pay up to $1,000 for them!! They are their tools.

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

I think I'm a little confused. Are you still paying for the shears? If yes, than if they are that expensive won't it be cheaper to pay for the hair do alone? If you don't have to pay for the shears then that is a good deal since you are getting your hair done along with others for free. If your stylist isn't interested can you do a trial with the person who will be doing your hair to make sure you like them?
          Michelle

#5 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
          • 1,798 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by beachbride08
            I think I'm a little confused. Are you still paying for the shears? If yes, than if they are that expensive won't it be cheaper to pay for the hair do alone? If you don't have to pay for the shears then that is a good deal since you are getting your hair done along with others for free. If your stylist isn't interested can you do a trial with the person who will be doing your hair to make sure you like them?
            Well he buys A LOT of shears so he gets a great discount on them. We will end up shelling out about $50 for all of us which is a great deal. I am just wondering when everyone booked their stylist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users