Photo

Travel Agent Response Time?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Msmimi

Msmimi
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Woohoo! I have my quotes back! LaurieLee came through in the end!

Air Canada was around $1500 with connecting flights.

Westjet is around $1275-1350 with direct flights.

It will be a little bit more hassle with Westjet because I will have to get deposits collected by Nov 19, but even if the rates weren't so much better, the convenience of direct flights makes it the obvious choice. 

Once the airlines started responding to quote requests and I managed to get a hold of LaurieLee from a different email address, everything has suddenly gone much smoother!

Hi, these are great rates!Do you mind me asking what resort/time of year. We are still trying to narrow things down. Thanks!

#32 Maggietron

Maggietron
    • 294 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

@Msmimi not at all! We're going to the Bahia Principe Coba in November 2015.

#33 Msmimi

Msmimi
    • 150 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Super, thanks. Trying to narrow down a resort is so hard. We have people coming from across Canada and are trying to keep rates reasonable. Cheers!

#34 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Super, thanks. Trying to narrow down a resort is so hard. We have people coming from across Canada and are trying to keep rates reasonable. Cheers!

If you haven't spoken to a TA yet I recommend it.  They were able to steer us to resorts they knew were coming back in a reasonable price point.  Our top choices ended up being ones the TA recommended, ones I would never have considered and/or knew of before I met with her.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#35 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

If you haven't spoken to a TA yet I recommend it.  They were able to steer us to resorts they knew were coming back in a reasonable price point.  Our top choices ended up being ones the TA recommended, ones I would never have considered and/or knew of before I met with her.

same thing happened to us. The resort that was recommended to us was actually the one we ended up with, not one we searched ourselves. Getting a TA first thing is the best thing you can do. 

event.png

#36 Msmimi

Msmimi
      • 150 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Great tips ladies, thank you!!

#37 babygirl99

babygirl99
        • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

I don't think I have ever waited for a response from my agent for more then an hour - even after hours! She was able to book all of our guests from various cities across Canada. mbaugh@baconkotravels.com

#38 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
          • 2,217 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
          • LocationCanada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

Ha! i just read this thread from back in the day. Kinda crazy timing, I just found out yesterday that LaurieLee got the tour company to honour our original price for new bookings with our group (4 months before the wedding). They're $300 more expensive if you book through our own. All I can say is that she's been great to work with so far :D 

Time to start calling people who were on the fence and get this guest list finalized! :D 

event.png

#39 babygirl99

babygirl99
          • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

awesome :-) my TA said our rates are good as long as there is space available up to 45 days prior to departure :-)

oh and if the online prices are lower even after we book they will price match :-)

#40 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

we have some canadian TA's that we recommend if you want to fill out our inquiry form

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users