palmtree99

Sand Ceremony

I've looked into some picture frame sand holders for the sand ceremony. Has anyone else used these? My question is, does it get destroyed when you travel home? I can't imagine the sand stays in its perfect rows during the flights/travel.

Advice from past brides was to use makeup sponges to fill all the open spaces and pack it tight for the travel home.

Is there a tradition behind the sand ceremony? Have not even though about doing that…I never really got the point of it.

That's such a good idea about the makeup sponges! @@cfinkenbine, I could be saying this wrong, but I believe it is to symbolize your union. Once the two sands are blended, they cannot be separated, which should be the same for your marriage. I think thats what it's about

• Like 1

That's such a good idea about the makeup sponges! @@cfinkenbine, I could be saying this wrong, but I believe it is to symbolize your union. Once the two sands are blended, they cannot be separated, which should be the same for your marriage. I think thats what it's about

It's also often used when bringing together more than just the couple, but incorporating kids or extend family as part of this new union.

Oh that's a great idea, then do the kids pour sand too? This would be great for a friend of mine, I'm going to suggest it to her!

Is a sand ceremony typically only for a destination wedding? I have been to a few local weddings and have never seen this incorporated! Lol such a noob here.

I was in my friends wedding last summer, and it she did a sand ceremony. This wasn't a destination or beach wedding, and she still did it. I hadn't heard of them until seeing it in her wedding!