Resorts & Hotels

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaRose

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hello everyone. My fiancé and I just decided that we are going to book with Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana. We went over prices on how much we have to save & everything was overwhelming. Any thoughts? I also wanted a beach wedding but I want everything that I could have back home and more. I want to make sure that my guest are happy & enjoy their experience. I want to make sure everything is prefect. How do I plan when I am just so far away? Where do I start?

#2 kmk2016

• Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Welcome! Two pieces of advice.... Read a ton here (you found the best resource ever!) and find a great TA that specializes in destination weddings.

Both of those steps will get you well on your way to the wedding of your dreams!

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to our forum community, MelissaRose, and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding!!! You've come to the right place for loads of really great resources and support to help you with all your planning decisions - so big exhale, you're already off to a great start :)

Now for some added inspiration about how gorgeous your beach wedding will be, here's one of the magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured at a recent Mayan Riviera wedding. 

If you wish to see more, here's the album link: The Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding

Wishing you all the best with your research and plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Tiffany1221

• 150 posts
      • Wedding Location:Jamaica!
      • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

Best website! I have learned A TON of information. I agree TA is very important, trying to find the perfect one now.

The Future Mrs. Santos 

#5 Mangosong

• 170 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
      • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
      • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hi! Welcome! I don't have any advice other than my original choice was Punta Cana as well. Congrats on your engagement!

#6 Brinley

• 169 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

This site is filled with lots of information.  I agree to start by finding a TA to assist you. 

#7 Khryniw14

• 15 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 1, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Mexico
        • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Congrats! I was super stressed out about planning but once we met with our TA we felt soooooo much better.

Good luck!

#8 Lia33

• 232 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
        • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

@MelissaRose Welcome and congrats!! It's great that you found this site - it's SUPER helpful! It's great that you booked a place - for me that was one of the hardest parts - committing to a location!

I'm not that far into my planning process but I agree with the others - read up on a ton of stuff on the site and find a TA! I recently began working with one and I feel a little more at ease. I'm sure your chosen resort has a wedding coordinator who will help you with planning - making it much easier then planning everything from scratch for a local wedding! Your coordinator will provide you options for everything that you need and assist for anything you want tweaked to fit your vision!

For me, I'm not planning on using any outside vendors so that makes things a little easier - but if you aren't a fan of your resorts photographer or DJ you can find out about other resources on this site! For me - getting a binder, organizing my ideas and everything that was sent to me by my coordinator and making lists has helped me not feel so overwhelmed. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users