linaco80

Need Favors Ideas, Welcome Bags And What Is Oot Bag? Please

Hello girls, 

I keep going all over the place with my wedding planning and too many things in my head about the planning, I want to start thinking ahead on favor ideas and to get  some help PLEASE  from all of you: favors ideas, welcome bags AND bridesmaids gifts... and have no idea what is OOT bag  :mellow:

my favor idea: I am originally from Colombia and he is American, I was trying to get small, something authentic from both of us that reflects the two cultures (LIKE a souvenir from Colombia and US), I also was thinking to just go ahead and do something cute -traditional from that is done in America--here I am to listen to your suggestions--THANK YOU!

@@linaco80

OOT bags = Out of Town Bags....it's the same thing as a welcome bag. Wedding Chicks  http://shop.weddingchicks.com/ has really pretty bags that you can order. You might want to check out the thread on this site for OOT bag ideas also http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/29980-my-oot-bags-the-big-hits-and-the-things-that-werent-used/page-114  

I am getting myself and my two girls robes to get ready in and some kind of jewelry for them to wear with their MOH dresses.

1e37ea282ac29fd7d0686cff9d866f45.jpg

Something like this ^

• Like 1

@@ng2015 Awesome thank you!, so that is one per room or per person? say if I have two friends sharing I would assume that is one for each right? how about  men? a bag for a guy too? thanks for the links...This site is just soo good.

@@pddcmc I love this idea..I have 6 girls ( :o yeah six lol) but will do my best to guess something cute like this... where do you order those? wedding chicks also?

thank you girls  ;)

@@ng2015 Awesome thank you!, so that is one per room or per person? say if I have two friends sharing I would assume that is one for each right? how about men? a bag for a guy too? thanks for the links...This site is just soo good.

@@pddcmc I love this idea..I have 6 girls ( :o yeah six lol) but will do my best to guess something cute like this... where do you order those? wedding chicks also?

thank you girls ;)

If you look on this forum there are different threads about all sorts of topics like this- with vendor ideas etc. There are tons of threads about OOTs and how many brides handle them, and other threads about BM gifts and where to find robes etc.

Sometimes it's best to search for the right forum so your questions don't get lost in an unrelated thread, or a thread gets hijacked away from original discussion. There is no right or wrong way to thank your guests or bridal party and this forum has a ton of fabulous ideas and templates to make a lot of them DIY and more affordable.

Who needs a wedding planning book! Just start reading as much as possible here and almost every question you will ever had will have been answered already- it's a great community here for sure!

@@linaco80 - Make etsy.com and pinterest your best friend! There are a ton of ideas on there!

My fiance's family is from Spain and Mexico... wedding traditions are quite different there.. soooo some of these gift ideas are going to be strange to them. Jake said we were going to have to explain the sand ceremony to them...

@@pddcmc will add Etsy and Pinterest, you are right..I will have people coming from home and I bet all these will be super new to them.

@@kmk2016 will read as much as I can..I just get overwhelmed after 600 pages to read (I have never been a reader lol) and time is usually against me because of work..I find many many interesting things here. thanks for all your help on the boards and my questions and yes will do my best to read all I can(as I am doing today)

@@linaco80 - I felt the same way (feeling overwhelmed with all of the suggestions, posts, and ideas)... just try to skim a little at a time and soak it in. 

@@linaco80 I like the idea of keeping the favours unique to you guys as a couple or maybe something that is significant to one of you. Brainstorm ideas and go from there. For our favours we are doing shot glasses. My fiance collects them (even though he is not a big drinker) and everyone knows that about him. So we found a website that personalizes them for weddings. The shot glass favours is really the only thing he is excited about at this point.

@@pddcmc Aww thank you! yeah little by little :) we are getting married about the same time :)

@@MissJen3 will brainstorm and my heart tells me to bring something unique from both of us...I am glad your fiance is happy with the shot glasses, man tend to be not that involved and they agree with all.