• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#111 Kerrierf

Kerrierf
  • 107 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

@rebeccalane AHH it's almost your day! Have a wonderful wonderful time!

#112 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

@rebeccalane hope you have a fantastic wedding day and a wonderful week in punta cana!!! We can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#113 samilein

samilein
  • 25 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationKitchener-Waterloo

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

@rebeccalane

Congratutions - it's your big day!! :-)

#114 Kerrierf

Kerrierf
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Hi everyone!

This week I've been really busy doing all the print-outs and prepping the "get excited" bags.  I created a thread with all our templates here http://www.bestdesti...lish-templates/. They're all bilingual, so if you're in need of some french-english resources, go to town!

#115 samilein

samilein
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

So I wanted to share some pictures that Carolina, the WC forwarded to me - this is the Bohio restaurant that would be our location of choice if we decide to have the wedding at the GP Bavaro section.
This would be a private dinner - set menu (exceptions for vegetarian/allergies)

I know I'm a very visual person and it's hard sometimes to figure out what it will or could look like...😊

Can't wait to see your pictures @rebeccalane - congratulations again!

Attached Files

#116 Beachgirl622

Beachgirl622
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAvon, CT

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

@samilein

Those pictures from El bohio are great! I'm trying to decide between El arefici and El bohio! The pics help put everything into perspective and get me super excited!!! How did you decide on El bohio?? I'm also a bit worried about the menu options but Im sure it will be wonderful!

#117 samilein

samilein
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

@Beachgirl622

I know what you mean...I'm a little thoughtful of the food also ... In all honesty I'm still torn between the jellyfish and the resort.
The JF definitely a little more price wise but then it also includes appetizers with cocktail hour where as at the resort, I believe from my research so far, you receive a toast and then it's the lobby bar until the restaurant will open at 6:30pm

As for the Bohio or Arecife, I looked the GP website once Carolina had given me the two options for a group our size and decided immediately that the Bohio was my preference ...the Arecife to me looked a little too much like an aquarium lol...so that's how I made my choice :-) if the wedding happens at the resort.

I asked Carolina for pictures because, I don't know about you but I've had a hard time finding pictures of weddings other than the package pictures and those are what she sent me...
Now I also had her quote a small flower arrangement for each table and the table runners - name cards if we choose seating arrangements, we'd bring with us.

#118 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

@Kerrierf 

You are less than a month away! How exciting? I'm dying to know what you have planned. You should start a planning thread! You templates are awesome by the way...I finally got a chance to take a good look at them today on the computer today....they wouldn't come up on my phone properly. Is that your actual menu??? If so I'm going to have to ask Carolina for the info...I haven't really looked into the food yet....Is that a buffet or a set meal?

@rebeccalane please come back and share your review of GPPC! All us Future brides are dying to know how it went!

@Mels84 I would still love to see some of your reception pics if you wouldn't mind sharing

event.png

#119 Kerrierf

Kerrierf
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Thanks @Meandhim!  They're very plain, but I printed it all on sparkly ivory paper, so they looked great in the end.  This thread has been much been my home base - what exactly is a planning thread? (LOL is that a silly question?)

That is our menu, I'll see if I can attach the private beach dinner menus that Carolina sent me. It's a buffet set up, but it means that everyone will get what they want.

Attached File  M4. MENU BBQ - ING.docx   12.52KB   14 downloads

Attached File  bbq1.jpg   11.43KB   3 downloadsAttached File  bbq2.jpg   10.64KB   3 downloadsAttached File  bbq3.jpg   16.47KB   3 downloads

Attached File  M1. SET MENU - INCLUDED.doc   47KB   9 downloads

Attached File  M2. VEGETARIAN & KIDS.ppt   291.5KB   6 downloads

Attached File  M3. KIT PUNTA CANA CONVENTION CENTER SALES KIT - ING.pdf   272.85KB   7 downloads

Edited by Kerrierf, 07 April 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#120 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

@Kerrierf
Ooooo...I bet it is really pretty on sparkly paper! A planning thread is something some brides start to share all their DIY's and the they post their review there afterwards. Not a silly question! But if this your home base than there is no better place to share all your ideas.

So private beach dinner... Where is that patio located? Do you have to pay the 1000 fee to have it as a private event like you do with the restaurant? Or you just pay for the menu / drinks? It's so pretty I didn't even know it was an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meandhim, 07 April 2015 - 05:21 PM.

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grand palladium, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users