Sign in to follow this  
lild428

Sandals Wedding & Guest Who Is A Photographer...

Hi,

Have any of you had a guest attend your wedding who also happened to be a professional photographer? Was Sandals cool with it since they were a paid guest of at least 3 nights?

Thanks for any stories on your experiences!

Hi! My friend is a professional wedding photographer and Beaches has absolutely no issue with it because she is staying there as a paid guest. I asked my coordinator or and she said there was "absolutely no issue"!

Edited by megthomson

Hi! My friend is a professional wedding photographer and Beaches has absolutely no issue with it because she is staying there as a paid guest. I asked my coordinator or and she said there was "absolutely no issue"!

Good to know... thanks for your response! :)

My fiance's step dad is shooting our whole wedding, and because he is a paying guest, he can do whatever he wants! No extra charges :)

Edited by nikkicraig10

Thanks for the info.

The reason I ask is I might be paying for a photographer from my area to stay at the resort for a few days and shoot the wedding. I was having a hard time paying $1,200+ for Sandals photography and not even sure if I will like the photos, or worse, having to spend time on my honeymoon deciding what photos to buy or not buy.

If anyone has done this before, did you pay for the room and flight for them in exchange for photos? Or room and flight plus extra money for photos? This particular guy is SO well known in my area, has done hundreds of weddings, but has yet to do a destination wedding as far away as Jamaica, so it's new to the both of us lol

My fiance's step dad is shooting our whole wedding, and because he is a paying guest, he can do whatever he wants! No extra charges :)

That's awesome! Having a family photographer is such an awesome perk!

We are paint for her flight and room for a week and in exchange we will have pics throughout the week, rehearsal dinner, all day of wedding and TTD the next day! She is amazing and worth every penny! I too was concerned about their photographers bc they don't retouch and you spend hours away from guests and beach to review.

My sister used a hotel photographer at the grand princess sunset in 2012... you should see the horrific edits! He edited some to almost be black and white with a few hues of colour (but not done very well), he had some with the hideous white cloud border fade out, AND he had a speck of something on the lense in the top left corner of every photo, and didn't edit it out! All in all.. bad experience. Luckily my sister is very chill so she was completely happy with them!

My sister used a hotel photographer at the grand princess sunset in 2012... you should see the horrific edits! He edited some to almost be black and white with a few hues of colour (but not done very well), he had some with the hideous white cloud border fade out, AND he had a speck of something on the lense in the top left corner of every photo, and didn't edit it out! All in all.. bad experience. Luckily my sister is very chill so she was completely happy with them!

Oh no! I was going to use the resort photographer because if the $200 charge to bring someone else in...,.i think I'll have to re-evaluate my plan ????

Oh no! I was going to use the resort photographer because if the $200 charge to bring someone else in...,.i think I'll have to re-evaluate my plan

Well they all might not be so bad!! This guy was just... not the best. Good luck :)

ahhh what a nightmare!!!

Oh no! I was going to use the resort photographer because if the $200 charge to bring someone else in...,.i think I'll have to re-evaluate my plan

i think it might be more than $200 to bring an outside photographer in.. i might be mistaken but i thought it was at least 3 nights charge. 

it's really crappy they charge a minimum of $1,200 for the photo packages... and that only includes 42 photos! :(