Sign in to follow this  
lulubelle

So sad and need to vent

I am soooo upset, I just don't know what to do. I have to postpone my wedding! I can't believe I am even typing those words right now. It has not really sunk in yet. My FFIL just sat me and my FI down this to tell us that he wants us to change the date. He has business oversees that he HAS to attend to the same week as our date. Some huge meeting that was originally scheduled for earlier in the year but had to be changed and is now the exact same time as our wedding. We have already sent out save the dates and have ordered invites. Don't know quite what to do. We have deposits placed for several of our vendors. My FI does not want to have the wedding without his Dad, which I totally understand. I have gone through so many emotions, sadness, disbelief, anger. I feel selfish. Not sure what to do. I haven't even broken the news to my parents yet.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I know that it will be a hassle to change everything, but it will be worth while for your future hubby to have his dad there. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Yikes! That SUCKS!!! Whatever you do, it sucks. You go through with the wedding FFIL won't be there, which I take it is not going to fly with FI. But you change the date, it sucks because you already sent out STD's, put deposits down, etc. Pain in the butt to change all that.

What about if you just bump it back a week? Have it the week after FFIL work thing. I would think it would be less of a hassle if you change the date to sometime relatively near the original date.

This way you won't have to wait too long, and maybe vendors would be able to accomodate you without charging any fees, etc. Just figure out the new date ASAP. The sooner the better.

That totally sucks!!!

Think of it this way...when you are both 80 years old and think back about your wedding your FI will remember that his father was there to share the day. I doubt you will look back and remember how sad you were about changing the date. It doesn't help for your crappy feeling right now, but in the long run you will feel good about your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
That totally sucks!!!

Think of it this way...when you are both 80 years old and think back about your wedding your FI will remember that his father was there to share the day. I doubt you will look back and remember how sad you were about changing the date. It doesn't help for your crappy feeling right now, but in the long run you will feel good about your decision.
I second that...and am sorry you have to deal with this :o(

Im so sorry to hear this, Im sure your really upset. But I am sure it was really hard for you FFIL to ask you to change the date, which means this means alot to him to be there. I think it is the right thing to change the date and people will understand. I know it sucks but everything will work out in the end!!!!!

oh that stinks, I have to agree with Kate here, when you look back having your parents there is more important. We changed our location for that reason alone and in the end it was so worth it!