17 replies to this topic

#11 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

@ASAtobe I'll be looking for a repellant with deet .Unfortunately we don't have off here in Ireland.I think thee stuff I used before wasn't strong enough, it had a citronella base.

#12 helenk

helenk
  • 268 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

I wonder if I'll have to worry about this? I'm getting married in Mobay in October 2015. Hmm...maybe something to put in my OOT bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

@helenk I would pack some repellant, the mosquitoes are around all year, as well as flies. Thinking about putting son bottles of repellant at the guest book table or on the tables for guests.

#14 tarynh86

tarynh86
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
  • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

In going to try bounce sheets as I find bug spray sucks

#15 NotSoWitty

NotSoWitty
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

@ASAtobe I'll be looking for a repellant with deet .Unfortunately we don't have off here in Ireland.I think thee stuff I used before wasn't strong enough, it had a citronella base.

Amazon seem to have some. I've also heard that Avon Skin So Soft oil is amazing as a repellant, I'm planning on taking some with me to try for the first day or so and move to stronger stuff if I have to. 

I know you can't get Avon any more in Ireland, but I think different people that used to rep have addresses in the North that they get their stuff posted to. If that isn't an option but you want to try it, give me a pm and I'll see if I can get some over to you :)

#16 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

We got married in Jamaica in October (20th) and never even saw a mosquito, let alone getting bitten! I had heard about them in October in Cuba, and if I remember we took bug spray, but never even took it out of the suitcase!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#17 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
    • 90 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Cuba in may/june the bugs ate us alive
      Using Tapatalk

#18 AdamnJenn17

AdamnJenn17
      • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

they have watches and all sorts of stuff out there nowadays