• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cubanaboliviana

cubanaboliviana
  • 26 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
  • Wedding Location:San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Is anyone else worried about having a wrinkly dress due to the travel? I have asked all around where I am getting married and no one has steam cleaning. Is anyone buying like a small personal steam cleaner? What are you doing to ensure your dress is not looking a hot mess?

#2 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

I've heard if you hang the dress up in the bathroom a turn on the hot shower, the steam that builds up in the room, will help the creases drop out of the dress. Hope this helps! :-) :-)

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

I've yet to hear of anyone having any serious difficulties with that. Depending on your fabric, for the couple of hours it will be in a bag, I wouldn't be overly concerned as long as you can hang it up when you arrive where you're going. If you can get it into a bridesmaid's room or a parents room and get it sort of released from the bag that will help a lot, and yes - hanging it in a bathroom with the shower on hot will help to steam out any small wrinkles. My dress was chiffon and I bought a portable steamer and took it with me. It never even made it out of the box and we flew to jamaica, about 4 hours. The dress was fine.

Good luck and happy planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 angelajackson

angelajackson
  • Site Supporter
  • 114 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
  • LocationSpruce Grove, AB

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

My heart is set on lace so I hope to not have a huge "wrinkle" issue! Having said that, I think the humidity will help sort it out, but I do believe most resorts offer to "prep the dress" for you. Perhaps you should ask your WC?

#5 Nybride525

Nybride525
  • 229 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Our hotel prepares the wedding attire....but I will be airing out the dress once we get there in my parents room.

Jamie

#6 jayejayelynn

jayejayelynn
  • 165 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 22, 2015

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

My package at the wedding includes preparation of the dress for me and my FI suit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users