Sandos Playacar

sandos playacar Playa Del Carmen playacar Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dknight0001

dknight0001
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Is there anyone out there looking into getting married at the Sandos Playacar. My fiance and I are interested in this location and are just wondering about others experience with planning.

#2 dknight0001

dknight0001
    • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Does anyone have any information on an outside private reception? That would be helpful.

Thanks!

#3 Pitita

Pitita
      • 19 posts
        • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

Does anyone have any information on an outside private reception? That would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi! Looking into this property to for my wedding June 2015. Im traveling to Cancun un May for a couple of days with my fiance and we are planing to visit this Sandos, Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and the NOWs in Puerto Morelo. I dont have much info yet but im following this post as i need lots of tips :) So hard to choose!

#4 bicoastalimages

bicoastalimages
        • Vendor
        • 90 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

@dknight0001 @Pitita Hola ladies & greetings from sunny Cancun, Mexico!

We feel Sandos Playacar is actually a hidden little gem. Since it's located as the last hotel in Playacar there is complete privacy with no resorts and natural beach to one side of the hotel which makes a great spot for the ceremony and photos afterwards! 

Another bonus with Sandos Playacar is if photos are important to you they ARE friendly to having outside professional photographers like ourselves in to shoot. (Iberostar for example has ridiculously high outside vendor fees but Sandos usually honours just a day pass).

Here are some photos from a beautiful wedding we captured at Sandos Playacar...

*To view more photos from Eric & Krissy's Sandos Playacar wedding, their Trash the Dress session and other weddings here in paradise visit our website or Facebook page*

DSC_0308-4logo.jpg

DSC_0483-89logo.jpg

DSC_1254-2logo.jpg

DSC_1328-23logo.jpg

DSC_0640-143logo.jpg

DSC_0792-215logo.jpg

DSC_0824-229logo.jpg

DSC_0788-213logo.jpg

DSC_1093-357logo.jpg

#5 dknight0001

dknight0001
          • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hi! Looking into this property to for my wedding June 2015. Im traveling to Cancun un May for a couple of days with my fiance and we are planing to visit this Sandos, Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and the NOWs in Puerto Morelo. I dont have much info yet but im following this post as i need lots of tips :) So hard to choose!

Let us know how the site visit goes. Interested to hear your thoughts.

#6 Pitita

Pitita
            • 19 posts
              • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Just found this review of a Sandos wedding from yesterday:
              http://www.tripadvis...html#readReview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 dknight0001

dknight0001
              • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

That makes me a little nervous

#8 Pitita

Pitita
                • 19 posts
                  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Im planning to visit the hotel anyways when i go in May because i know is not a bad hotel and i have heard very good things about it but its good to have this so we know ... But again, i know the hotel is great and the service is good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 bicoastalimages

bicoastalimages
                  • Vendor
                  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

@dknight0001 @Pitita We found the day of wedding coordinators at Sandos to be great! Our last couple at Sandos Playacar had a basic wedding ceremony on the beach and reception dinner at El Gaucho for their small group of guests. Everything came together nicely and the coordinator was very helpful throughout the day even ensured gawking guests were kept back during the ceremony.

The wedding office is also centrally located and convenient to just pop in to ask any questions to the coordinator before the wedding.

Still one of the major advantages for most couples is the ability to bring in your own pro photographers to Sandos with just day passes! For example most hotel photogs only give a few printed images (as mentioned in the Tripadvisor review) while we give ALL edited hi-res images on a USB. Our bride actually chose Sandos for this reason :)

*warm wishes from paradise*

#10 dknight0001

dknight0001
                    • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yeah we have only heard good things about the resort for the most part. The WC has been very quick with response to questions that we have had. We just booked the wedding day!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sandos playacar, Playa Del Carmen, playacar, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users