Sign in to follow this  
michelle08

Why do I get so annoyed??!! It's LONG...

I totally agree with you!! You don't have to break the bank jost to have flowers, you can have simple tea lights in a hurricane or some inexpensive candles to set of the beautiful view of the ocean! I use and re use them for each holiday, and I add a little touch to symbolize the event. Go with your plans!

My mom is like all of those complaints. It is frustrating. I was difficult to get her to even give me a "yes" that she was going to go. She is so uninterrested in any of the planning, no excitement about the beautiful location, and just acts as if nothing special is happening. You would think a mother would be more excited when her only daughter gets married.

I would not even count on the money which it sounds like you are already doing. I would also just continue with your plans as is, it is your day so pick out or leave out whatever you want. If she does end up giving you any money you can always put that towards an anniversary trip or something else you need after the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I feel the same way about flowers. I don't like spending money on things I can't keep. I'll have my bouquet that comes with the wedding package & the flower for mike. That's it. Flower centerpieces can be so expensive. When the location is already amazing, I don't think flowers are neccessary. That is a big reason why I wanted to get married on a beach. No decorating needed!
Morgan I think we have alot in common..not just because of this...it seems we are on the same page alot! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandpaul View Post
My mom is like all of those complaints. It is frustrating. I was difficult to get her to even give me a "yes" that she was going to go. She is so uninterrested in any of the planning, no excitement about the beautiful location, and just acts as if nothing special is happening. You would think a mother would be more excited when her only daughter gets married.
sorry, that sucks!!! You would think she would be. I have to say that my mom has been this way alot lately because she has so much on her mind (her job is stressful, my grandma is dying and she is caring for her at her home, etc...) so I am not frustrated with my mom because I believe that although she would never be giddy about it, she would be more involved and express more interest if the rest of her life wasn't crazy. So I am trying to be understanding.

I have an older sister but I am the first to get married. I guess all mom's have different reactions! Do you think your mom is uninterested because you are travelling so far?